Green Diamond 233

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Diamond 233

I am getting my first BIG SIX on Satruday embodied in a 1947 KB-5. I have been searching all over the web for the HP and Torque specs for the GD 233 that is in it. Anybody got any idea?

Thanks

Carl
    -Just your average 1980 Turbo Diesel Scout with a Prophets Elbow, 3" straight pipe and sniffing Propane. What so strange about that?: burnout

1947 KB-5, flatbed dump. In need of some TLC!

Here is the truck.
    Attached Files
    -Just your average 1980 Turbo Diesel Scout with a Prophets Elbow, 3" straight pipe and sniffing Propane. What so strange about that?: burnout

Comment

That will make a nice rollback for the scout!
      Bill USN-1

COMMITED TO TEACHING PEOPLE THE "PROPER" WAY TO EFI
      HAMILTON FUEL INJECTION
      May be the answer to all your fuel injection needs!
      Learn to do it right.

Comment

Bill,

Not really sure what we are going todo with it. In one of the pics my Dad took we realized it has a PTO, or at least an extra shifter that is painted red, so we are assuming PTO. If it has a dump bed on it, I am think my family could actually really use a dump truck with all the landscaping we do!! I kinda hope it goes that way.

Carl

Comment

Some Data

Click here

No torque numbers, but here is all the tuneup stuff.

Binderin',

John
          : beer : Diamond power! : beer :
          If you have never used a search button.... DON'T POST!

Comment

Thanks John, that is some good info. 50 hp seems low, I mean the GD214 is 82hp. I think that rating is flat out wrong. Looks like some good part numbers.

Carl

Comment

Well seems like I will answer my own question. The GD 233 has 93hp can't remember the RPM. Also has 181 ft/lbs. of torque at 1000 rpm's and 176 ft/lbs at 800 rpm's. Now those are my kinda numbers!!! Finding it was easy, I just pulled a CTS-8 and looked it up. One of the perks of where I work I guess!!

Carl

Comment

Originally posted by Carl Wiese
                Thanks John, that is some good info. 50 hp seems low, I mean the GD214 is 82hp. I think that rating is flat out wrong. Looks like some good part numbers.

Carl
                Carl,

Remember, there is BRAKE Horsepower, NET Horspower, and GROSS Horsepower.

It isn't wrong, it is just a different standard of power measurement. BRAKE Horsepower is typically lower than GROSS, or NET horsepower.

Savvy?

Binderin',

John
                : beer : Diamond power! : beer :
                If you have never used a search button.... DON'T POST!

Comment

Originally posted by John Donnelly
                  Carl,

Remember, there is BRAKE Horsepower, NET Horspower, and GROSS Horsepower.

It isn't wrong, it is just a different standard of power measurement. BRAKE Horsepower is typically lower than GROSS, or NET horsepower.

Savvy?

Binderin',

John
                  Yep, Very Savvy!! In fact if you want another rating for it, the A.M.A. HP ratiing is 26HP. They refer to that in the ops manual, and IH basically says it means nothing.

Carl

Comment

Well, its home!! Its got a GVWR of 17500#'s!! And man is it HEAVY!!! I am use to vehicle that you can push around in neutral. It took 3 of us to get the thing to roll in neutral. Like Dad said on the BB, for 57 years old it is doing pretty well!

Carl

Comment

Working...
                    X