Bump Stop Mounts rear Scout II Traveler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bump Stop Mounts rear Scout II Traveler

I got a set of bump stops simaler to these and the fronts were just a bolt on.

But the rears look like they are pinched through a slot?
    Could they be removed and bolt the new ones in ?
    Or what's there?
    [CENTER]1994 Buick RoadMaSSter Estate Wagon LT1/4L60E. White and Woodgrain Sleeper...PCM 16188051 With SS/V4P/Custom Tune! WOT 12.9 AFR!

1990 Chevy Suburban Silverado 5.7L 2wd ECM 1227747 HiWay Lean Cruise 18.5 MPG and 12.5 to 1 AFR at WOT!

1972 IH 1210 Isky Cammed Balenced 345 4 speed PCM 16197427 Project!

[SIZE=3][B][URL="http://www.gearhead-efi.com/"]GearHead-EFI.com[/URL] EFI Conversions and Chip Tuners![/B][/SIZE]
    [B]May be all you need to know about EFI![/B]

and I still help local JustIH members (for fun) free! :cool: [/CENTER]

Re: Bump Stop Mounts rear Scout II Traveler

Originally posted by Eagle-Mark
    I got a set of bump stops simaler to these and the fronts were just a bolt on.

But the rears look like they are pinched through a slot?
    Could they be removed and bolt the new ones in ?
    Or what's there?
    There are two styles of rear bump stops.

One with a slot in the frame, one with a slot in a little 1/2" tall bracket off the frame.

If you have the bracket setup, you can slide a nut n' washer between the frame and the bracket and use your bolt-on bump stops.

If it goes into the frame itself, it's time to get creative.

The stockers have a "pine-tree" like mounting point on it that pushes into the slot and then expands (sorta) and holds it in place.

Comment

If you have the bracket setup, you can slide a nut n' washer between the frame and the bracket and use your bolt-on bump stops.
      That's the one I had. Wonder what the extra plate was for? Limiter? Anyway it's gone and the only thing left is the bracket on the frame. Slip in a washer and nut (I used locknut) and away they go.

Don't know where they will hit bottom yet but I do know the axle goes back so I moved the bumper back as well.

[CENTER]1994 Buick RoadMaSSter Estate Wagon LT1/4L60E. White and Woodgrain Sleeper...PCM 16188051 With SS/V4P/Custom Tune! WOT 12.9 AFR!

1990 Chevy Suburban Silverado 5.7L 2wd ECM 1227747 HiWay Lean Cruise 18.5 MPG and 12.5 to 1 AFR at WOT!

1972 IH 1210 Isky Cammed Balenced 345 4 speed PCM 16197427 Project!

[SIZE=3][B][URL="http://www.gearhead-efi.com/"]GearHead-EFI.com[/URL] EFI Conversions and Chip Tuners![/B][/SIZE]
      [B]May be all you need to know about EFI![/B]

and I still help local JustIH members (for fun) free! :cool: [/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
      X