Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm looking for a 4" Lift for my '68 800.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm looking for a 4" Lift for my '68 800.

I want to try and find one close to home. In Northern Indiana!
    Does anyone have any ides where to look from here? HELP!!!!
    Thanks , Ike.
    Ike. "They call me Hoss."
    Scout Nut!!!!!!!
    '68 Scout 800, '86 F-250 6.9 4x4, '94 Chevy 6.5L T/D 4x4 E/C, '87 Chevy 3/4T 4x4 "Show Truck", '85 Chevy 1T 4x4
    "IH - To drive anything else would be uncivilized!."

I'm not sure but I have never seen one available?
    Most Scout 80, 800 have a spring over lift, using the stock springs and putting the axle under the spring.
    Hope someone can give some more information.
    [CENTER]1994 Buick RoadMaSSter Estate Wagon LT1/4L60E. White and Woodgrain Sleeper...PCM 16188051 With SS/V4P/Custom Tune! WOT 12.9 AFR!

1990 Chevy Suburban Silverado 5.7L 2wd ECM 1227747 HiWay Lean Cruise 18.5 MPG and 12.5 to 1 AFR at WOT!

1972 IH 1210 Isky Cammed Balenced 345 4 speed PCM 16197427 Project!

[SIZE=3][B][URL="http://www.gearhead-efi.com/"]GearHead-EFI.com[/URL] EFI Conversions and Chip Tuners![/B][/SIZE]
    [B]May be all you need to know about EFI![/B]

and I still help local JustIH members (for fun) free! :cool: [/CENTER]

Comment

Ike,

Look for Dennis Bernth over on the Binder Bulletin. He lives in Northern Indiana and may be able to help you find one. He does have mostly, if not all scout II's, but may be able to point you in the right direction.

Jeff

Comment

have a friend who used add a leafs for an older jeep to get about 2 inches on his 800, maybe you can find a lift for an older jeep that might help. personally im not to sure about adding jeep parts to a binder

Comment

Spring Application Question!

Mike, The jeep stuff works but, There is a weight diff. - Scout is heavier and the jeep lift will be half on a scout for what it is rated for the jeep! Thanks though. at least that's what I've heard!

Jeff, Thanks for the tip on Dennis - heard back from him, Your right, All of his stuff is scoutII but, it was still a great lead for a fellow scouter close to the house! Thanks too!

Now, on to my question!
          Can anyone tell me if scoutII springs will fit the 800's? I've found a 4" lift for the II for $565 w/ shocks. Would be nice if that would fit but, I don't suppose it could be so easy!
          Ike. "They call me Hoss."
          Scout Nut!!!!!!!
          '68 Scout 800, '86 F-250 6.9 4x4, '94 Chevy 6.5L T/D 4x4 E/C, '87 Chevy 3/4T 4x4 "Show Truck", '85 Chevy 1T 4x4
          "IH - To drive anything else would be uncivilized!."

Comment

Ike,

The scout II springs will fit after you change the spring hangers. Scout II springs are 2" and the 800 springs are 1 3/4".

HTH,

Jeff

Comment

Travis
              I'm not much into Scouts. We do have an 800 but I'm mostly into IH trucks. My question to you is: Is there a spring shop close to you? I have a friend in the body shop bussiness and he was telling me of a spring shop in Spokane (CRS the name) he sent some springs off a Ford into and they built him some springs that had a heavier load capacity and same ride height and he said they can lift something and change or not change capacity. It's amazing what they can do. I'd look in the Yellow pages for one. It was a little spendy he said but how much is you and yours safety worth? I plan to use a spring shop when I'm ready to.
              Last edited by Yellowdog; 02-20-2003, 07:56 PM.
              Carl in Idaho

Smile this is as good as it gets

Comment

I think it is called Pole spring. You drive right by it going thru Spokane.
                [CENTER]1994 Buick RoadMaSSter Estate Wagon LT1/4L60E. White and Woodgrain Sleeper...PCM 16188051 With SS/V4P/Custom Tune! WOT 12.9 AFR!

1990 Chevy Suburban Silverado 5.7L 2wd ECM 1227747 HiWay Lean Cruise 18.5 MPG and 12.5 to 1 AFR at WOT!

1972 IH 1210 Isky Cammed Balenced 345 4 speed PCM 16197427 Project!

[SIZE=3][B][URL="http://www.gearhead-efi.com/"]GearHead-EFI.com[/URL] EFI Conversions and Chip Tuners![/B][/SIZE]
                [B]May be all you need to know about EFI![/B]

and I still help local JustIH members (for fun) free! :cool: [/CENTER]

Comment

I called Pohl Spring once to price out a custom set of springs and they wanted about $800 per 4.

Comment

Travis
                    It sounds like you know alot more than I do. I'm sorry if I upset you. I was thinking of simplicity and safety (I've seen some pretty scary things). Your setup sounds safe. Looks like I addressed my comment to the wrong person. Sorry
                    Last edited by Yellowdog; 02-21-2003, 06:20 PM.
                    Carl in Idaho

Smile this is as good as it gets

Comment

Working...
                    X