Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Straight Steer?

Mark,

With your Straight Steer, did you also reinforce the frame at the steering box?

If it doesn't rain tomorrow, I was going to pull the steering box to check for wear and cracks. Getting a clunking noise that I think may be from elongated mounting holes in the frame. I was debating whether to use the reinforcing plate, the straight steer, or both, after I repair any damage.

Nope! Just put it on. I gave everything a good looking at and found no signs of play, cracks or fatigue.
    I did use the two small plates from the steering box side over on the passenger side as they were no longer needed with the straight steer.
    It was an immediate improvement in steering. Much less wander.
    I think it is really needed when the bigger you go the more it helps. My truck is 4 inch springs with two inch shackles and 33's.
    I also run a steering stabilizer and it was an improvement before the straight steer but after the straight steer I had it off and on and did not see much difference. I leave it on as a damper in the steering system while off roading.
    [CENTER]1994 Buick RoadMaSSter Estate Wagon LT1/4L60E. White and Woodgrain Sleeper...PCM 16188051 With SS/V4P/Custom Tune! WOT 12.9 AFR!

1990 Chevy Suburban Silverado 5.7L 2wd ECM 1227747 HiWay Lean Cruise 18.5 MPG and 12.5 to 1 AFR at WOT!

1972 IH 1210 Isky Cammed Balenced 345 4 speed PCM 16197427 Project!

[SIZE=3][B][URL="http://www.gearhead-efi.com/"]GearHead-EFI.com[/URL] EFI Conversions and Chip Tuners![/B][/SIZE]
    [B]May be all you need to know about EFI![/B]

and I still help local JustIH members (for fun) free! :cool: [/CENTER]

Comment

credit cards

I called John over at Back Country Binders today to order the steering brace. He mentioned that by the middle of next week, he'll be all set up to take credit card orders. A great help for those of us that don't live near his shop.

Thanks for the referral.

Comment

Working...
      X