automatic trans ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• automatic trans ????

I have done a search and can't find any info on automatic transmission identifacation. What I have is two pickups with the same auto in them. It is not the 727, the pan is about two and a half inches deep and square. The output shaft is real short. Did International put this in the ven number? There is nothing on the door tag. :confused:

well do they have a little electric switch under the gas pedal? and is the bell houseing seperate? if so i was told they are the borg-warner auto tranny. the switch under the gas pedal is the kick down ive been told. what years are your trucks?

Comment

If the trans case is all cast iron then yes you have the Borg Warner trans.
      My "Disasterpiece"
      1970 800A 4X4,HFI'd,304,B/W,27,44,3:73,28's.
      The rest are in my 25 year plan!

My "Ruedh"
      FREE 1972 1110 4x4,V8(?)727,205,44 drum/60/3.54's,small cheap tires.
      LOOOOADS-O-RUST!! Donor body located. Not!! JY owner played the "crusher value" card. : angry:
      NON-working rear window. Need info!!!

www.northtexasbinders.com

Comment

ugh

the borg-warner is cast iron? how much does it weigh? I thought trying to get that dang 727 on the tranny jack under the vhehicle was a pain. Im glad it wasnt the borg-warner now

Comment

Thanks for the information. I will check these things out this morning. I won't get back to the computer till later tonight. L8r

Comment

The trucks are a 71- 1/2 ton 4x4, 345 with this auto. The other one is 71 1/2 ton, two wheel, 304 and auto. I forgot to look for the switch, but the body of the trans is cast iron. Yea, ugh, ugh. I take it these are not the hot set up? Good boat anchor? I prefer four speed, but one of these pickups is going to end up with a auto. If this is a poor tranny I will only use a nother 727 out of a travelal. Thanks for the information everybody!!!

Comment

I couldnt say what the borgwarner was like. i dont think ive ever drove one before, are you having problems with the trannys? i remember some one on the BB say something aboutliking them but it was afew days ago and i dont recall exactly what he said if you feel like looking it up here is there web site

http://atlas.binderbulletin.org/cgi-...k.cgi?noframes

Comment

Working...
              X