X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone see

the poor scout roll on the preview of the movie DREAMCATCHER what a shame

scout roll

No haven't seen it yet. That's too bad. Hate to see a good scout go to waste.
    Tow strap? : histeric

Comment

Yeah, I read the book. But is was supposed to be and '84 model!?

Comment

HHHmmm

what a shame to waste a 84 IH scout they seem to make so few after 1980 ;)

Comment

in the QUeens of the stone age music video for no one knows there's a scout 800 with a deer driving it.

Comment

yep i saw that comercial kinda cheesed me off want to find gus johnnson and run him over..... i also noticed the scout in dream catcher it was a pretty nice slightly lifted orange sII with custom bumpers
            www.rogue4x4.com

Comment

I'm still partial to the parade of scouts in the "When it was a game" movie w/ all of the NY Yankees riding w/ the tops down. I think that they were in 80 or 800's.

Comment

Dream Catcher

Stephen King put lots of IH's in his books, or so I hear. The Scout used in Dreamcatcher was one of Mr. Scout's customer and he says the one they wrecked was a hand built model of one, not a real Scout.

Carl
                -Just your average 1980 Turbo Diesel Scout with a Prophets Elbow, 3" straight pipe and sniffing Propane. What so strange about that?: burnout

1947 KB-5, flatbed dump. In need of some TLC!

Comment

Hand built? Lot of work just to go and flip it.

Just went and watched the trailer on Apple.com. Looks scary.

What is this commerical from the Ford guy? We dont have TV....
                  - Jens

Hot Rod Scout 80 buildup
                  62 Big Scout 80 Buildup
                  My Buddy Ken's 41 Hot Rod Build

Comment

I saw Dreamcatcher, and jumped off the couch when I first saw the Scout, my wife rolled her eyes. It was around a 77-79 I think. I found the roll of the Scout far more tragic than all the people dying, is there something wrong with me? Glad to hear it was just a model, I can rest easy again now.

Comment

No there is nothing wrong with you!! I always remember something I read in Car Craft along time ago.

"Good cars shouldn't be wrecked for lame movies!!"

Carl
                      -Just your average 1980 Turbo Diesel Scout with a Prophets Elbow, 3" straight pipe and sniffing Propane. What so strange about that?: burnout

1947 KB-5, flatbed dump. In need of some TLC!

Comment

yes but........

i did weep for the demise of the xke and aston martin in the ITALIAN JOB, and oh my god , that lushess miura..........
                        repair, run and fix again

Comment

also the 68 442 convertible in Foriegner's video from years ago and all of the 70 W-30s in "Demolition Man" - at least the W-30s were clones

Yep - one should not wreck a good car for a lame movie

Of course, look at the General Lee cars - made the ones that survived a bunch more rare and supposedly more valuable

Comment

Originally posted by CSmith
                            Yeah, I read the book. But is was supposed to be and '84 model!?
                            A lot of King's specifics are BS. The guns they were carrying in that book were .223 caliber HK MP5's, which only come in 9mm.
                            But in the 4th book in the Dark Tower series, King hints that all of his stories take place in alternate dimensions, very similar to ours. The characters determine this but finding a car in a parking lot made by a company that doesn't exist in the dimension they are from.
                            Perhaps in some alternate reality, they built the Scout up until at least 1984?

-J

Comment

Working...
                            X