PCV valves for 304

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCV valves for 304

Anyone know the standard way of routing the PCV valves on a 304. The pass side valve cover has one PCV but no hose, and there was a hole on the drivers side valve cover. I installed anothe PCV valve on the driver side but it created too much internal pressure inside the engine, and resulted in blowing oil out the dipstick tube. I beleive that I should install a flame arrestor on the drivers side and leave the pass PCV valve on, but hook it up to the air cleaner assembly. I am using a Holley two barrel carb, and there are no stock emission controls added to the engine. Any help would be greatly apprecited.

pvc

Your right run it to the valve cover and use the flame arrestor on the other side if there is a hole.
    Tow strap? : histeric

Comment

One thing for sure is the PCV valve is hooked up to direct manifold vacuum, not a carb vent.
      Second thing is it needs a vent somewhere?
      My 345 is different as the PVC comes from the valley pan under the intake manifold. It also has a vent from the air cleaner to the valve cover.
      What the PCV valve is doing is ventilating the crankcase. It is sucking air (fumes) from the crankcase and clean air must go in.
      [CENTER]1994 Buick RoadMaSSter Estate Wagon LT1/4L60E. White and Woodgrain Sleeper...PCM 16188051 With SS/V4P/Custom Tune! WOT 12.9 AFR!

1990 Chevy Suburban Silverado 5.7L 2wd ECM 1227747 HiWay Lean Cruise 18.5 MPG and 12.5 to 1 AFR at WOT!

1972 IH 1210 Isky Cammed Balenced 345 4 speed PCM 16197427 Project!

[SIZE=3][B][URL="http://www.gearhead-efi.com/"]GearHead-EFI.com[/URL] EFI Conversions and Chip Tuners![/B][/SIZE]
      [B]May be all you need to know about EFI![/B]

and I still help local JustIH members (for fun) free! :cool: [/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
      X