Body questions....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body questions....

I am looking at a 1975 Scout II that is going to need some body work. What year ranges of Scouts will body parts interchange for? And is it only Scouts that you can interchange? I have two 1975 International pickups, but I don't assume that any of those parts will work on a Scout II.

Also, and not that it matters a WHOLE lot to me, but is there any particular year range of Scout that is more collectable than another?

Last but not least...I was reading in an earlier post about removing the top and leaving it off. Is this a good idea at all?

Thanks!

body

If your into the scout II's the parts are interchangeable between the years of 1971 to 1980. There were different grill designs and stripe packages, but they were all basically the same. As far as collecting potential I collect them all, but for value certain sports packages such as Super Sports, Aritocrats, Midas, Sport Top, Hurst Shawnee, Scout III prototype etc. are all very popular to the IH enthusiest. As far as your on off top question, I have my top on and off all the time. As long as your seals are good it doesn't pose a problem, but get help unless you want back problems since IH didn't build anything light.
    Tow strap? : histeric

Comment

The most desirable Scout II's are the ones with little to no rust.
      [CENTER]1994 Buick RoadMaSSter Estate Wagon LT1/4L60E. White and Woodgrain Sleeper...PCM 16188051 With SS/V4P/Custom Tune! WOT 12.9 AFR!

1990 Chevy Suburban Silverado 5.7L 2wd ECM 1227747 HiWay Lean Cruise 18.5 MPG and 12.5 to 1 AFR at WOT!

1972 IH 1210 Isky Cammed Balenced 345 4 speed PCM 16197427 Project!

[SIZE=3][B][URL="http://www.gearhead-efi.com/"]GearHead-EFI.com[/URL] EFI Conversions and Chip Tuners![/B][/SIZE]
      [B]May be all you need to know about EFI![/B]

and I still help local JustIH members (for fun) free! :cool: [/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
      X