scout II front axle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scout II front axle

quick question on the scout II . did IH offer a dana 30 front axle on the scout II with open knuckles and disc brakes ?

In ?74 they did.

Comment

Cool. Thank you. I picked up a scout ii fraim with axles steering box ...... The scout was originally wrecked. With low miles on it. Body engine and all was removed. Still has bumpers and gas tank skid plate.. I found it odd that the front inside shackles are joined with a plate that runs full across the width of the frame. What would of the purpose for that be ?
      while it is a dana 30. I'm still going to use this for my spring over project for my 800 this next spring. Would you know the degree of castor. Looks like I maybe able to do a spring over with this without a cut and turn . since I have an om617 and 700r4 the tc sets farther back . I also had the front driveline built with a cv joint which should also help with any angle issues of the pinion. Any thoughts ?
      Last edited by captchee; 3 weeks ago.

Comment

The piece of steel connecting the front inner shackles works as a sway bar. You?ll still want to twist the knuckles. It?s much easier than it is on a Dana 44 because the diff housing won?t be in your way. Weld the perches on to your desired pinion angle then twist the knuckles back to about 4 or 5 degrees.

Comment

Working...
        X