Clicking and popping on take off...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clicking and popping on take off...

Anyone know what it means when you hear clicking and popping from the front when accellerating from a stop? It sounds just like a CV joint on its way out in a Honda Accord.
    Could it be the U-joint on the front drive shaft? Wheel bearings?
    I have an SOA without a twisted axle.

Thanks.

Could be the rear drive-shaft u-joints. Mine was but I swore the noise was coming from the front...

If your hubs are unlocked and the transfer case in neutral the front should not be an issue?
    [CENTER]1994 Buick RoadMaSSter Estate Wagon LT1/4L60E. White and Woodgrain Sleeper...PCM 16188051 With SS/V4P/Custom Tune! WOT 12.9 AFR!

1990 Chevy Suburban Silverado 5.7L 2wd ECM 1227747 HiWay Lean Cruise 18.5 MPG and 12.5 to 1 AFR at WOT!

1972 IH 1210 Isky Cammed Balenced 345 4 speed PCM 16197427 Project!

[SIZE=3][B][URL="http://www.gearhead-efi.com/"]GearHead-EFI.com[/URL] EFI Conversions and Chip Tuners![/B][/SIZE]
    [B]May be all you need to know about EFI![/B]

and I still help local JustIH members (for fun) free! :cool: [/CENTER]

Comment

It makes sense to me that the front driveshaft should not be turning if, like you said, the hubs are unlocked and the t-case is in 2WH. But also, like you said, I swear it's coming from the front.

In addition, the rear drive shaft is brand new (SOA was done only a couple of months ago), so wouldn't they have checked the condition of the rear U joint before installing the new driveshaft?

Comment

popping

I have had that same problem before. If it does it in two wheel drive also, it can be the brakes hanging up, worn out shackles/bolts or even loose u-bolts. Sometimes a broken center bolt on the spring can do the same thing. That will give you a few things to eliminate.
        Tow strap? : histeric

Comment

Working...
        X