New to internationals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to internationals

Hey guys, I am new to international rigs and I am just wondering a few things about them...

Are lift kits hard to come by for scouts or are they a common item? I dont have a scout yet but I really want to build a not so common off road machine with around 35" tires. Can a scout handle that much rubber?

I have a step grandpa who sees international rigs as the best there is, are they that tough compared to fords and chevys or is that just a personal preference he has? Is there any factory flaws or certain parts that go bad on these vehicles that I should know about?

Right now I have an 88 Blazer with 33" tires and it is getting beat up. I am hopeing that interntional trucks are a little tougher, but I dont know. How do their engines compair to the more common brands?

Let me know what the ups and downs of these vehicles guys because I have a feeling that I will have one in my driveway in the near future if they are as good as I hear...

Thanks everyone
    :)

Re: New to internationals

Originally posted by Aaron Boley
    Hey guys, I am new to international rigs and I am just wondering a few things about them...

Are lift kits hard to come by for scouts or are they a common item? I dont have a scout yet but I really want to build a not so common off road machine with around 35" tires. Can a scout handle that much rubber?

Yes there are several lift kits but to handle 35's you will need a spring over lift or four inch springs and a body lift. Even then you may still have some issues.

I have a step grandpa who sees international rigs as the best there is, are they that tough compared to fords and chevys or is that just a personal preference he has? Is there any factory flaws or certain parts that go bad on these vehicles that I should know about?

He is correct and the only thing they seem to suffer from is rust in certain places.

Right now I have an 88 Blazer with 33" tires and it is getting beat up. I am hopeing that interntional trucks are a little tougher, but I dont know. How do their engines compair to the more common brands?

Absolutely superior to any. Remember these are designed to be truck and school bus motors.

Let me know what the ups and downs of these vehicles guys because I have a feeling that I will have one in my driveway in the near future if they are as good as I hear...

Welcome aboard you will be glad !

Thanks everyone
    :)
    [CENTER]1994 Buick RoadMaSSter Estate Wagon LT1/4L60E. White and Woodgrain Sleeper...PCM 16188051 With SS/V4P/Custom Tune! WOT 12.9 AFR!

1990 Chevy Suburban Silverado 5.7L 2wd ECM 1227747 HiWay Lean Cruise 18.5 MPG and 12.5 to 1 AFR at WOT!

1972 IH 1210 Isky Cammed Balenced 345 4 speed PCM 16197427 Project!

[SIZE=3][B][URL="http://www.gearhead-efi.com/"]GearHead-EFI.com[/URL] EFI Conversions and Chip Tuners![/B][/SIZE]
    [B]May be all you need to know about EFI![/B]

and I still help local JustIH members (for fun) free! :cool: [/CENTER]

Comment

handle that much rubber (35")?????????

Comment

Working...
      X