New Scout Owner/Tinkerer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Scout Owner/Tinkerer

I am new to the world of Scouts. Just bought a 79. I think its a scout II. Gonna need some body work. I want to lift it a little, probably with a suspension flip kit of some sorts. Anyone have any suggestions to start with. Also, I have some 33 BF Goodrich AT tires I wanna put on it. Is there gonna be any probs with the tires rubbing the wheel wells, because I would like to take care of that while I am cutting and grinding. I have been a jeep owner and have tinkered with Jeeps for a while ( I know thats probably a no-no word around this forum), but want to try my hands at the Scout. Any thoughts, suggestions on the lift and philosophy of being a Scout owner.

Jeeps are alright, someone has to own an inferior vehicle?

To get the Scout II to clear 33's you'll need a spring over axle suspension which is a lot of work no kit available.
    Or.
    I have four inch over Skyjackers with a two inch body lift and clear even in severe off roading. But there are some other things to worry about going these routes.
    Steering shaft may need a borgeson joint.
    Drive-shafts may need CV joints.
    Front end will need to be twisted for proper camber.

My wifes Scout II has a two inch over Skyjacker and with a two or three inch body lift I think it would clear, may have to add a little bigger bump stop.

Hope that helps!
    [CENTER]1994 Buick RoadMaSSter Estate Wagon LT1/4L60E. White and Woodgrain Sleeper...PCM 16188051 With SS/V4P/Custom Tune! WOT 12.9 AFR!

1990 Chevy Suburban Silverado 5.7L 2wd ECM 1227747 HiWay Lean Cruise 18.5 MPG and 12.5 to 1 AFR at WOT!

1972 IH 1210 Isky Cammed Balenced 345 4 speed PCM 16197427 Project!

[SIZE=3][B][URL="http://www.gearhead-efi.com/"]GearHead-EFI.com[/URL] EFI Conversions and Chip Tuners![/B][/SIZE]
    [B]May be all you need to know about EFI![/B]

and I still help local JustIH members (for fun) free! :cool: [/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
    X