345 manifold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 345 manifold

I have been reading info here for a while but just subscribed. I have been wondering: Does the 345e manifold fit any of the other IHC blocks, including the monster blocks--400+ c.i.d. ?

I just pulled a good engine from a school bus. After removing the transmission, and beginning to strip the water system (school busses have a lot of heater hoses), I find the front sump pan to be different than my travelall, and the engine dwarfs any other engine I have worked with. Is there a block size casting number not on the intake manifold?

Thanks

I would say no. The 266, 304, 345, 392 are all common. The others are in another block family.:(

Comment

Originally posted by Justfarmit
      The 266, 304, 345, 392 are all common.
      A 345 manifold will interchange with a 392. It will NOT fit a 304 or a 266.
      Jim Price

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."
      --Albert Einstein

78 Scout Traveler, 345, TF727
      76 Scout II, 345, TF727
      65 1200 Pickup, 304, T-19, 4x4
      48 KB-8-F, RD-450

Comment

OK OK OK Your right. :eek: I don't want to give someone bad info. Most of my work has been on 345 and 392. The other two I have but never tore up to need to swap. I see the intake ports are small on the 266,304 and larger on the345/392. Now if I were to put 345 heads on a 304 would the intake fit?

Comment

304/345 heads are not interchangeable. Things like valves, springs, valve covers are the same, but the heads themselves are different, although I suspect it might be possible to bolt them in place. The deck height was increased on the 345/392 for an increased stroke, which moved the heads further apart, and the intake manifold is about an inch wider.

There are quite a few parts that WILL interchange between 304 and 345. Here is a link to specifications and information on interchangeability of parts between 304/345/392 engines, plus a whole lot of other information. Be careful. You can easily burn up a lot of hours reading on this site. But there is a wealth of info.

http://atlas.binderbulletin.org/modu...ories=Engine#9

Now that we're past the tech stuff, where in southern Oregon are you. Do you see a lot of IH stuff down there?

JP
          Jim Price

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."
          --Albert Einstein

78 Scout Traveler, 345, TF727
          76 Scout II, 345, TF727
          65 1200 Pickup, 304, T-19, 4x4
          48 KB-8-F, RD-450

Comment

DrMaserati, Sorry I didn't answer, I only went down to the link, had to go and never got back till today. I am west of Medford in the Applegate valley. There are a fair amount of pickups. Most of the scouts are being fixed up, atleast the ones I see. I don't see any travelalls on the road here, but a few setting here and there.

Comment

Working...
            X