np205

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• np205

can someone send me pics of a np205 in a 73 travelall....mainly need to see the shift likage. also what gears are in that? 4l, 4h, 2, and N? does anybody know the positioning of the pins from the transfer case for 4 wheel Low? thanx...matt

Re: np205

Originally posted by hrdcor32
    can someone send me pics of a np205 in a 73 travelall....mainly need to see the shift likage. also what gears are in that? 4l, 4h, 2, and N? does anybody know the positioning of the pins from the transfer case for 4 wheel Low? thanx...matt
    1.96:1 gears in 4-low. You should have detents for 4-low (full forward), neutral (back one), 2-hi, and 4-hi (full rear)

Both shift rails all the way in = 4-low.

All shift rails all the way out = 4-high.

These pics are from a '74 200 4x4, with a T19 and the engine set-back farther than a '73 T'all, but other than the linkage being a bit longer on the Travelall, it should resemble this.

Note that the plate mounted to the T19 isn't fully in place here - it should stand "upright" and have a bolt or two more in it.

More pics of the '74 200 I parted out

Comment

Someone told me you had pictures of everything!
      [CENTER]1994 Buick RoadMaSSter Estate Wagon LT1/4L60E. White and Woodgrain Sleeper...PCM 16188051 With SS/V4P/Custom Tune! WOT 12.9 AFR!

1990 Chevy Suburban Silverado 5.7L 2wd ECM 1227747 HiWay Lean Cruise 18.5 MPG and 12.5 to 1 AFR at WOT!

1972 IH 1210 Isky Cammed Balenced 345 4 speed PCM 16197427 Project!

[SIZE=3][B][URL="http://www.gearhead-efi.com/"]GearHead-EFI.com[/URL] EFI Conversions and Chip Tuners![/B][/SIZE]
      [B]May be all you need to know about EFI![/B]

and I still help local JustIH members (for fun) free! :cool: [/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle-Mark
        Someone told me you had pictures of everything!
        Lies, all lies!

I DO have pictures of a LOT of stuff though.

I took a bunch of pics when I tore down the 200 4x4 because I had a chance to take pictures from angles most people don't get to see very often (top down without a cab on the truck, for instance).

I just took advantage of the situation. It's particularly bad now with the digi-cam..

If you follow the link.. I also set a Dana 20 in place to do some eyeballing on a "doubler" app for fullsizes before I finished scrapping the truck..

Comment

does anybody have the piece that goes from shift rail to shift rail that they would like to sell me or does anybody know where i can get that piece? also is that angle piece welded to the shift rail its self or to the cross bar? i think my problems are that that angle piece broke off and my shift likange is not long enough to push the shift rails in because im not getting in 4 lo or N. i guess i will have to lengthen my linkage somehow. thanks a lot for the pics. matt

Comment

Originally posted by hrdcor32
            also is that angle piece welded to the shift rail its self or to the cross bar?
            I think the little triangle corner is part of the "connector" that mounts to the shift rails, vs. welded to the rail itself.

It'd be hard to service the shiftrail otherwise.

Note this is a '74 truck.. the linkage MIGHT have changed.. I haven't crawled under my '72 Travelall recently to compare notes.

i think my problems are that that angle piece broke off and my shift likange is not long enough to push the shift rails in because im not getting in 4 lo or N. i guess i will have to lengthen my linkage somehow. thanks a lot for the pics. matt
            Even more likely, the straight "relay" rod from the "bellcrank" on the transmission back to the "crosspiece" on the NP205 shift rails has BENT.

When going for 4-hi, you're stretching that relay. For 4-low, you're pushing on it.

My Travelall's linkage is bent and mangled and welded.. it's hard to shift, and usually involves the use of a pry-bar for higher ranges, or a hammer for lower ranges, operated from under the T'all.

Notice the piece of flat-bar welded (or part of) to the relay linkage in the pics above? That's to try and keep the relay from bending. I don't know if that was a factory item, or just a really popular modification made by a few POs down the road (my T'all sports something like this as well).

I haven't looked under my OTHER '74 pickup to see if it has the reinforced relay or not.

Comment

I like the Scout, Matt! We've got one in the plans that is almost identical in specs to yours, suspension wise! We are running a 454 Chevy, though. Niiice!
              Mike Moore
              Bridgewater, VA

Comment

Working...
              X