Manifolds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manifolds

I am under the understanding that 266-392 manifolds are all the same and have the same flow. Am I correct? I want to use 266 manifolds on a 345 and want to make sure there will not be a back pressure problem. My engine is at the machine shop right now so i can not check to see if they bolt up the same.

Re: Manifolds

Originally posted by Mike Leis
    I am under the understanding that 266-392 manifolds are all the same and have the same flow. Am I correct? I want to use 266 manifolds on a 345 and want to make sure there will not be a back pressure problem. My engine is at the machine shop right now so i can not check to see if they bolt up the same.

*EXHAUST* manifolds? pretty much, yes.

There are variations from year to year and applications - emmissions stuff, or Scout vs. big-truck vs 74-75 truck stuff... but for the most part, you can use any old center-dump 2-stud exhaust manifold on a 266, 304, 345, or 392 without any problems.

Intake manifolds are a different matter..

Comment

Thanks Tom

I am pleased to hear that I can use my 266 manifolds. I was not sure and that is were the international pros come in handy. Stuck here in kansas we have a lot of people with old scouts and international stuff but just the oldtimers are the only ones with them not us young bucks. It makes it diffucult to get answers or solutions to my problems. One person says one thing and then next person says a diffrent thing I was just going to see if they bolted up, then plug the end fill it with water measure the water and then refrence it to the manifold I have I know came from a 345 and see if they were the same, a lot of work that you guys saved me. Thanks Again
      Last edited by Mike Leis; 05-08-2003, 12:29 PM.

Comment

What part of Kansas you from?

Manhattan KS here. was/willbe agian driving a 68 TA has a small problem as the hood came undone going down the highway. and a little fuel problem. but she will ride agian.

Mike Honaker
        [email protected]

Comment

Working...
        X