Transmission I.D.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transmission I.D.

I have three transmissions they all came out of trucks half and three quarter ton late 60's and one from a 71. I wanted to know how I idenify what they are. They all look the same. I am sure there are some numberson them to let me know what they are. I will steam wash them and find out what I have. Also what is the best oil to put in them in you guys opinion for heavy torque loads and I will only used in the hot summer heat. Is lucas oil a good decesion I have never used it?

Sound like T98 manuals 6.4:1 granny first.

I'd look into running Red Line Synthetic. The sell an improved 90W designed for high torque loads.

Comment

I also like the Redline MT-90 and Amsoil products.

I tow a 22 travel trailer with my Scout Traveler and run 80-140 Amsoil synthetic in the rear differential. Last summer a friend had a Lazar temperature gun and we compared temps. While he was towing nothing and I had the 22 travel trailer my temps were only 10 degrees higher than his, we both had the same gear ratio but I had 33's and he 35's. So my diff was spinning faster as well.

The Redline MT-90 is also rated for transfer cases and manual transmissions but NOT differentials. They have other product for that.
      [CENTER]1994 Buick RoadMaSSter Estate Wagon LT1/4L60E. White and Woodgrain Sleeper...PCM 16188051 With SS/V4P/Custom Tune! WOT 12.9 AFR!

1990 Chevy Suburban Silverado 5.7L 2wd ECM 1227747 HiWay Lean Cruise 18.5 MPG and 12.5 to 1 AFR at WOT!

1972 IH 1210 Isky Cammed Balenced 345 4 speed PCM 16197427 Project!

[SIZE=3][B][URL="http://www.gearhead-efi.com/"]GearHead-EFI.com[/URL] EFI Conversions and Chip Tuners![/B][/SIZE]
      [B]May be all you need to know about EFI![/B]

and I still help local JustIH members (for fun) free! :cool: [/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
      X