Help with carb ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with carb ID

Hello one and all. My name is Chris. I have recently acquired a 75 Scout II. It had sat for quite some time and the 2210 carb was all gummed up. Despite many cleanings I just can't get it to idle.

So I bought a carb off ebay that was for a 345 IH. It looked right in the picture but now that I have it, it think it is wrong. First off it is manual choke. Second it has what appears to be vacuum actuated primarys. It is a 2 barrel. There are no vaccum connections.

The numbers I can make out are

LIST-1707-3S on the choke body

and

6R 4393 B on the flat round part where the secondaries would be if it were a 4 barrel.

Any help telling me if this is indeed for a Scout would be great. Thanks.

Can you get a picture of it to post here?

I have seen something like what you describe, it was on a Scout with a blown motor do to jetting... Many ford carbs will bolt on to our manifold even a two barrel that has secondaries of a pinto.

Be careful!
    [CENTER]1994 Buick RoadMaSSter Estate Wagon LT1/4L60E. White and Woodgrain Sleeper...PCM 16188051 With SS/V4P/Custom Tune! WOT 12.9 AFR!

1990 Chevy Suburban Silverado 5.7L 2wd ECM 1227747 HiWay Lean Cruise 18.5 MPG and 12.5 to 1 AFR at WOT!

1972 IH 1210 Isky Cammed Balenced 345 4 speed PCM 16197427 Project!

[SIZE=3][B][URL="http://www.gearhead-efi.com/"]GearHead-EFI.com[/URL] EFI Conversions and Chip Tuners![/B][/SIZE]
    [B]May be all you need to know about EFI![/B]

and I still help local JustIH members (for fun) free! :cool: [/CENTER]

Comment

Here ya go:
      Attached Files

Comment

That looks like a Holley 2300 that came on some IH V-8s
        Check out this Holley ID page:
        http://www.carbs.net/CarbID/HolleyID.htm

So what's wrong?
        [CENTER]1994 Buick RoadMaSSter Estate Wagon LT1/4L60E. White and Woodgrain Sleeper...PCM 16188051 With SS/V4P/Custom Tune! WOT 12.9 AFR!

1990 Chevy Suburban Silverado 5.7L 2wd ECM 1227747 HiWay Lean Cruise 18.5 MPG and 12.5 to 1 AFR at WOT!

[SIZE=3][B][URL="http://www.gearhead-efi.com/"]GearHead-EFI.com[/URL] EFI Conversions and Chip Tuners![/B][/SIZE]

Comment

That's what I thought also, but it is not. The linkage is totally wrong, the thing that you think is the choke pull off is actually a vacuum diaphram that works the main butterflys. There are no vacuum ports at all, not even a crankcase ventalation port. Nothing. I am guess this is either very old, or for a boat or something special.

Comment

Very strange!
            In the picture it looks like no throttle linkage hook-up either?

Vacuum controlled throttle shaft, butterflies?
            Wonder if it is off some kind of generator?

Comment

Called Holley.

They say it is for a 345 International Truck. It is a govener control carb not used for street vechiles. Too bad. It is brand new. If anyone would be interested I'll sell it.

Email me [email protected]

Comment

I don't see why you could not make it work.
                If there is a throttle shaft on the drivers side you could mount an arm on it for the cable.
                The governor looks like it screws on right where the elec choke goes.
                It may not be a bolt on but I think if you took a little time you could make it work.
                I mean we are running fuel injection on IH scouts so how hard can a carb be????
                The base carb looks the same as the 2300 like mark said.
                The brass fitting on the governor side, screwed into the metering block, should be your ported vacuum. That's where all of mine were.

Can you show some side shots?

Last edited by Bill usn-1; 05-20-2003, 05:01 PM.
                Bill USN-1

COMMITED TO TEACHING PEOPLE THE "PROPER" WAY TO EFI
                HAMILTON FUEL INJECTION
                May be the answer to all your fuel injection needs!
                Learn to do it right.

Comment

Working...
                X