SKYJACKER, ADD-A-Leaf or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SKYJACKER, ADD-A-Leaf or not?

Just want to take a short poll of everyone who has used Skyjacker 4" lift kit and thought the need for a ADD-A-Leaf in the rear was nessary to help the sagging issue?

Ya or NA

would be great!

i got a 73 scout II with the 4" skyjacker lift with add a leaves it helped bring the back end up and also helped control some of the axel hop i was getting they say you only need them if your running a hard top, and they recomend them for the front if you have any international V8...hope this helps...mort

Comment

I have them in the rear and I am very happy I went that way. Never heard the front springs needing them.

On the wifes two inch over Skyjacker I used a leaf from the stock front springs in the rear.

[CENTER]1994 Buick RoadMaSSter Estate Wagon LT1/4L60E. White and Woodgrain Sleeper...PCM 16188051 With SS/V4P/Custom Tune! WOT 12.9 AFR!

1990 Chevy Suburban Silverado 5.7L 2wd ECM 1227747 HiWay Lean Cruise 18.5 MPG and 12.5 to 1 AFR at WOT!

1972 IH 1210 Isky Cammed Balenced 345 4 speed PCM 16197427 Project!

[SIZE=3][B][URL="http://www.gearhead-efi.com/"]GearHead-EFI.com[/URL] EFI Conversions and Chip Tuners![/B][/SIZE]
      [B]May be all you need to know about EFI![/B]

and I still help local JustIH members (for fun) free! :cool: [/CENTER]

Comment

has anybody ever used the skyjacker 4" springs in an soa conversion?

Comment

Get the AAL you'll need it

Look up Josh C on Pirate or BB he was running a mix and match 4" lift springs and stock springs for his SOA

Comment

has anybody ever used the skyjacker 4" springs in an soa conversion?
            Yes but the complications are mind boggling! Take into consideration a ladder just to get in, nose bleeds once you get there. Major drive-line issues! Why would you want to go that high?
            [CENTER]1994 Buick RoadMaSSter Estate Wagon LT1/4L60E. White and Woodgrain Sleeper...PCM 16188051 With SS/V4P/Custom Tune! WOT 12.9 AFR!

1990 Chevy Suburban Silverado 5.7L 2wd ECM 1227747 HiWay Lean Cruise 18.5 MPG and 12.5 to 1 AFR at WOT!

1972 IH 1210 Isky Cammed Balenced 345 4 speed PCM 16197427 Project!

[SIZE=3][B][URL="http://www.gearhead-efi.com/"]GearHead-EFI.com[/URL] EFI Conversions and Chip Tuners![/B][/SIZE]
            [B]May be all you need to know about EFI![/B]

and I still help local JustIH members (for fun) free! :cool: [/CENTER]

Comment

Great feedback, I am going forward with the Add-a-leaf. A offroad dealer was saying to not go with them right away. Then if they did sag add them later. I questioned this idea, the thought of redueing everything over again did not make sense, and seeing once again the sagging is not a isolated issue. I do not think anyone likes doing things twice.

Thanks,
              Jonny

Comment

the only reason i wanted to use the 4" springs was cause i say a scout with 3" springs and 35's it looked really good but he used rancho springs. had to use double cv shafts but he said it wasnt to hard.

Comment

If you're going to go Skyjacker, I'd upgrade with the AAL.

Mine never sagged.. they just never gave more than 2" of lift (versus advertised 4").. and I measured "before" with my hardtop and "after" with the top off.

Still only 2" of lift. Junk, IMHO. I tossed the SJ rear springs aside and went with a rear SOA.

I'm now looking at using the SJ rear springs SOA, and going with something else up front, SOA.

The front 4" springs worked fine and gave ~3.5" of lift and are still on the rig, SUA, for the time being.

Comment

Before I went with Skyjacker I was going to purchase a Triangel kit. But I was talked out of it. The advice was they are to stiff and you will have a more comfortable ride with SJ. I am starting to wonder if I should of just gone with the Triangles in the first place.

JOnny

Comment

Working...
                    X