frame restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• frame restoration

I am in the process of restoring the body on my Scout II. The frame is in good shape and only seems to need some cleaning up. I was wondering if anyone has found a paint or similar material that works well for stopping rust on the frame? I don't want to rebuild this body a second time.

Thanks

one word "POR15", guess thats one word

Hey, from my experience on rebuilding my 65 Chevelle and working on my Scout and additional body work and frame repair I have done the POR15 product works awsome. It seals and prvents the rusted metal and creates a rock hard finish that is very scratch and chip resistant. Try them at http://www.por15.com/

Hope this helps
    Mark

Comment

Thanks for the quick response. I will give it a try.

Comment

With that por 15 do you need to clean down to bare metal? I read the directions and it never states clean the metal. It just says to use the rust neutralizer. Just wondering if you had tried it before.

Comment

Just a personal observation on Por 15. I used it on a frame up build of a Scout 800...painted the entire frame after stripping down to the bare metal. Rocks beat the heck out of the Por 15 on the bottom of the frame and it is reat tough to touch up. I think I would go with a good etching primer and epoxy paint, or regular paint, so I could touch up the rock damage. Everywhere else, the Por 15 was super....Absolutly outstanding for battery boxes.

Mickey

Comment

POR-15

I would sugest cleaning the metal up as best as you can. You probably dont need to take it to bare metal. Just remember that even if the POR-15 is not going to be in sunlight I would still sugest coting it, maybe with the epoxy primer.

Hope this helps
            Mark

Comment

Working...
            X