brake bleeding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brake bleeding

Got a quick question. I replaced my rear soft brake line with an extended brake line from skyjacker. Had huge problem when I got to bleeding my brakes! I have a 75 scout2 and it seems no one has ever bleed the brakes. Couldn't get the bleeder valves to open. Is it okay to drive like this?? My friends say my brakes will not fail but will be spongy. Any info will help, im all new at this, thanks

My advice would be to NOT drive the truck until the brakes were operating as they were intended. Worst case scenario get a small pipe wrench to remove the bleeders and then buy replacements. Parts for Dana axles are common and should be readily available at the local parts store. At the risk of infringing on some copywrite laws, the life you save may be your own. You've gone through the expense and trouble to upgrade your braking system but it'll be for nothing if you don't finish the job.

Comment

I agree.
      Try soaking the bleeder valve with WD-40 or equivalent for a day or so.
      Then use a socket on it to loosen.
      If it breaks off you will have to get new wheel cylinders 20 something dollars each.
      [CENTER]1994 Buick RoadMaSSter Estate Wagon LT1/4L60E. White and Woodgrain Sleeper...PCM 16188051 With SS/V4P/Custom Tune! WOT 12.9 AFR!

1990 Chevy Suburban Silverado 5.7L 2wd ECM 1227747 HiWay Lean Cruise 18.5 MPG and 12.5 to 1 AFR at WOT!

1972 IH 1210 Isky Cammed Balenced 345 4 speed PCM 16197427 Project!

[SIZE=3][B][URL="http://www.gearhead-efi.com/"]GearHead-EFI.com[/URL] EFI Conversions and Chip Tuners![/B][/SIZE]
      [B]May be all you need to know about EFI![/B]

and I still help local JustIH members (for fun) free! :cool: [/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
      X