NAPA Orbital battery like Optima?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAPA Orbital battery like Optima?

My battery gave all it had and died this week while resting in my garage. I've always looked at the Optima as a replacement and figured I would get one when this one needed replacement. But called around and none in town... So I took my battery back to NAPA, it still had some warranty left and they have a Optima type, sealed, mount any position type battery available. Anyway I got it and sure enough it's smaller than a group 24 like the Optima and the stock Scout battery mount welded on the fender is to high. Also getting a little thin in places so it was a good time for new hold downs as well. I used some threaded rod and drilled through the fender-well on the outside of the battery box on one side and used the stock mount on the other with all new hardware including the top cross bar. Solid as a rock...

Has anyone else used the NAPA Orbital battery?
    We'll see how this one does...
    [CENTER]1994 Buick RoadMaSSter Estate Wagon LT1/4L60E. White and Woodgrain Sleeper...PCM 16188051 With SS/V4P/Custom Tune! WOT 12.9 AFR!

1990 Chevy Suburban Silverado 5.7L 2wd ECM 1227747 HiWay Lean Cruise 18.5 MPG and 12.5 to 1 AFR at WOT!

1972 IH 1210 Isky Cammed Balenced 345 4 speed PCM 16197427 Project!

[SIZE=3][B][URL="http://www.gearhead-efi.com/"]GearHead-EFI.com[/URL] EFI Conversions and Chip Tuners![/B][/SIZE]
    [B]May be all you need to know about EFI![/B]

and I still help local JustIH members (for fun) free! :cool: [/CENTER]

my father used two of them in his tow rig had them for over a year and loves them hasent had a problem yet, said it would be the only battery he would buy again

Comment

Orbital

We had an orbital blue top in our boat for a while and the bloody thing wouldnt charge. Same with the second one as well. Now we are just using an old nascar select and it works like a champ. Could have been a bad batch or something, because I have heard nothing but good stuff from other people.

Comment

Nascar select was the battery I had that went bad. Actually I left the key on for 3-4 days and it would not re-charge. Was a very good battery for almost three years to the day. Supposedly these new Orbital batteries will recover from full drain. We'll see!

The blue top is supposed to hold a near full charge for a year.

One other thing I found interesting was no need to charge before use. Started right up and hardly charged.

What I am looking forward to is no more battery acid spills and stains around the battery box and wheel wells after off roading.
        [CENTER]1994 Buick RoadMaSSter Estate Wagon LT1/4L60E. White and Woodgrain Sleeper...PCM 16188051 With SS/V4P/Custom Tune! WOT 12.9 AFR!

1990 Chevy Suburban Silverado 5.7L 2wd ECM 1227747 HiWay Lean Cruise 18.5 MPG and 12.5 to 1 AFR at WOT!

1972 IH 1210 Isky Cammed Balenced 345 4 speed PCM 16197427 Project!

[SIZE=3][B][URL="http://www.gearhead-efi.com/"]GearHead-EFI.com[/URL] EFI Conversions and Chip Tuners![/B][/SIZE]
        [B]May be all you need to know about EFI![/B]

and I still help local JustIH members (for fun) free! :cool: [/CENTER]

Comment

I run a Napa orbital in my Chevy, about 2 years on it, no troubles. I put a pair of Optima's in my Scout. My favorite thing about them is that they don't spill and rot the fenders off.

Comment

Working...
          X