Hard Top modifications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hard Top modifications

I am in the process of restoring my Scout II. I was informed that International does not have a latch kit for their hard tops. Has anyone seen this modification done to enable me to take the top off and on.

Thanks for the Help

Sorry, but what exactly do you mean by a "latch kit"? You mean for the t-handle assy for the rear hatch? I was just on the website of Light Line of La. (www.lightlineofla.com) and the list the individual pieces and an assembly.

Or do you mean a quick disconnect? Seems you might check in to the Jeep catalogs & see what they use for quick disconnects. I haven't seen one specifically for SII's tho.

HTH,
    Jerry
    ~ Jerry

Comment

Originally posted by JerryD
      Sorry, but what exactly do you mean by a "latch kit"? You mean for the t-handle assy for the rear hatch? I was just on the website of Light Line of La. (www.lightlineofla.com) and the list the individual pieces and an assembly.

Or do you mean a quick disconnect? Seems you might check in to the Jeep catalogs & see what they use for quick disconnects. I haven't seen one specifically for SII's tho.

HTH,
      Jerry
      Jerry, I mean the quick disconnect. I would like to take off my top without having to unbolt. Any ideas will help.

Comment

I take the lid off my Scout II every spring and put it back on each fall so I know what a hassle it can be. I have seen and heard of mods to replace the bolts with various "latches" but I wouldn't switch for anything. There was a short video on some IH site that showed a Scout II being flipped at the factory to test its integrity. Believe it or not the roof held up even though there was no rollbar. My point is that if you were to get into an accident and the latches didn't hold, the roof would be just one more thing flying around to either injure or kill you or a passenger. My advice is to stop by Sears or some other tool shop and buy one of those nifty racheting box wrenches. With a little anti-sieze on the bolts it doesn't take long to put them in or take them out.

Comment

Box-end gear wrench, and an air-ratchet sure speed up the process.

Then again, I haven't put the hardtop on my SII in 3-4 years..

Comment

I may never put mine on again either, had CJ years ago with latches, just thought I would try and see if it was possible on the SCOUT. Thanks for the reply.

Comment

I'm sure you could probably build something, but in the shows I have attended, I don't know of anyone that has a quick disconnect. I know it was never factory.
              Tow strap? : histeric

Comment

Working...
              X