Parts for Holley Distributor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parts for Holley Distributor

Just browsing around this BB has been very helpful. I didn't think anyone knew this much about IH engines. My question is, I have a 1974 Scout II with a 345 and a Holley distrubutor 30-44821H. In order for me to buy cap, rotor, etc. here in the VI, I have to link it to a specific vehicle otherwise they wont even look at me. Is there, or was there any vehicle that used this distributor as a stock unit so that I could go to the parts store and ask for components for a 66 Fairlane or whatever? I know it's a stretch but it would save me some hassle. If not, is there a place online or such I can get components easily for this distributor?

I'm not interested in converting anything. The vehicle and engine are a bit "tired" and is what we call an "island car". SO just making it reliable again will be enough. Thanks in advance,

Darel

I don't know what parts in the dizzy you are refering to so this may not help, but did you look at the Duraspark conversion?

May not even be an option for the dizzy you have? Points?

D&C sells a GM HEI/IH hybrid,but its lots of coins.

Wish ya luck!!

Duraspark Conversion
    My "Disasterpiece"
    1970 800A 4X4,HFI'd,304,B/W,27,44,3:73,28's.
    The rest are in my 25 year plan!

My "Ruedh"
    FREE 1972 1110 4x4,V8(?)727,205,44 drum/60/3.54's,small cheap tires.
    LOOOOADS-O-RUST!! Donor body located. Not!! JY owner played the "crusher value" card. : angry:
    NON-working rear window. Need info!!!

www.northtexasbinders.com

Comment

Hey Darel -

If it's that difficult dealing with the parts monkeys, try using something like www.partsamerica.com or www.rockauto.com. I too have the Holley dist. & I just looked & partsamerica carries the cap at least. I'm not sure of a cross-reference. You might need to do some research.

Good luck,
      Jerry
      ~ Jerry

Comment

tell them you have a 1974 Ford F100 pickup with a 302 cid engine. That what I used to do many years ago when the binders were'nt in the system. Plus some places charge you more for an eqivalent part that has a ih part number.

Comment

Thanks everone...

I knew I could get the info Ineeded. Just put a $350 exhaust system on it yesterday. WOW...it sounds real respectable now. Thanks again for all the help!

Comment

Your parts guy/gal most likely can get your parts if they know how to look them up old school I had a problem with an auto parts chain in Post Falls ID and was complaining to my regular parts guy and he said that most companies only train their people to use the computer and not the books like in yesteryear IH is mostly in the books So now when I have to use one of those stores I usually ask for the manager because the odds are greater he will know the books.

I about lost it once when a kid in the AP store asked me Who made IH.
            Carl in Idaho

Smile this is as good as it gets

Comment

I can't agree more!!!

Originally posted by Yellowdog
              Your parts guy/gal most likely can get your parts if they know how to look them up old school I had a problem with an auto parts chain in Post Falls ID and was complaining to my regular parts guy and he said that most companies only train their people to use the computer and not the books like in yesteryear IH is mostly in the books So now when I have to use one of those stores I usually ask for the manager because the odds are greater he will know the books.

I about lost it once when a kid in the AP store asked me Who made IH.
              You said it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am lucky enough to have a NON computered CQ in my little town thats had the same employees for 20 years. If they can't find it its not avaliable anymore. Would not trade them or there business for any other out there. I can even buy plumbing stuff there. Kinda a Wal-Mart of car parts store.
              My "Disasterpiece"
              1970 800A 4X4,HFI'd,304,B/W,27,44,3:73,28's.
              The rest are in my 25 year plan!

My "Ruedh"
              FREE 1972 1110 4x4,V8(?)727,205,44 drum/60/3.54's,small cheap tires.
              LOOOOADS-O-RUST!! Donor body located. Not!! JY owner played the "crusher value" card. : angry:
              NON-working rear window. Need info!!!

www.northtexasbinders.com

Comment

My question is, I have a 1974 Scout II with a 345 and a Holley distributor 30-44821H.
                I think you can tell them it is what it is? But if not my 1977 Scout II traveler 345 had the holley cap and rotor from factory.
                [CENTER]1994 Buick RoadMaSSter Estate Wagon LT1/4L60E. White and Woodgrain Sleeper...PCM 16188051 With SS/V4P/Custom Tune! WOT 12.9 AFR!

1990 Chevy Suburban Silverado 5.7L 2wd ECM 1227747 HiWay Lean Cruise 18.5 MPG and 12.5 to 1 AFR at WOT!

1972 IH 1210 Isky Cammed Balenced 345 4 speed PCM 16197427 Project!

[SIZE=3][B][URL="http://www.gearhead-efi.com/"]GearHead-EFI.com[/URL] EFI Conversions and Chip Tuners![/B][/SIZE]
                [B]May be all you need to know about EFI![/B]

and I still help local JustIH members (for fun) free! :cool: [/CENTER]

Comment

If you think YOU can't get parts....

You would think I could go in with that distributor info and get what I needed, but you would be dead wrong. Maybe in the states, not the Virgin Islands. One place didn't have any listings for IH and had no idea even what one was. The people are somewhat lazy and impatient here and if they can't complete your transaction first time without digging, they just give up and tell you to get lost. Thank god for the internet.

Comment

I always look things up on the internet before the wife runs to the store. Just to keep the counter jockeys from screwing it up.
                    I have..
                    http://www.partsamerica.com
                    http://www.autopartsgiant.com
                    http://www.oreillyauto.com
                    http://www.autozone.com
                    http://www.napaonline.com

I can always find a listing. If not IH then somthing else.
                    Then I print the part number and the price and give it to the wife.
                    At least they will have a cross reference.
                    Bill USN-1

COMMITED TO TEACHING PEOPLE THE "PROPER" WAY TO EFI
                    HAMILTON FUEL INJECTION
                    May be the answer to all your fuel injection needs!
                    Learn to do it right.

Comment

Welcome to the Virgin Islands! "Now your screwed!"
                      [CENTER]1994 Buick RoadMaSSter Estate Wagon LT1/4L60E. White and Woodgrain Sleeper...PCM 16188051 With SS/V4P/Custom Tune! WOT 12.9 AFR!

1990 Chevy Suburban Silverado 5.7L 2wd ECM 1227747 HiWay Lean Cruise 18.5 MPG and 12.5 to 1 AFR at WOT!

1972 IH 1210 Isky Cammed Balenced 345 4 speed PCM 16197427 Project!

[SIZE=3][B][URL="http://www.gearhead-efi.com/"]GearHead-EFI.com[/URL] EFI Conversions and Chip Tuners![/B][/SIZE]
                      [B]May be all you need to know about EFI![/B]

and I still help local JustIH members (for fun) free! :cool: [/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
                      X