What throttle body to use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What throttle body to use?

I've looked all around the FAQ sections of the forum and cant find an answer (maybe i missed something?) I want to do the conversion, but what throttle bodies will work on a 304, and will any modifications need to be done to the intake manifold? I think I once saw a page that said the two barrels of the intake would have to be drilled to a larger size, but what size is this? (See where I'm going?

Doner list under the Fuel injection section

http://bistatebinders.com/techinfo/efi/efi.htm

Hope this helps
    Mark

Comment

Well I just looked at the donor list and didn't see any throttle bodies?

For the 345 the TBI of choice is off a 350 5.7L Chevy trucks from 87 to 92.
      I believe the throttle body off the 305 is closer to what’s needed for the IH 304 but either can be tuned to run. You'll find the 305 Chevy cheaper.

There's still an adapter that can be tapered into the existing IH manifold or if your manifold is off you can do some mighty drilling to hog it out to size. You should still run the adapter for mounting.

[CENTER]1994 Buick RoadMaSSter Estate Wagon LT1/4L60E. White and Woodgrain Sleeper...PCM 16188051 With SS/V4P/Custom Tune! WOT 12.9 AFR!

1990 Chevy Suburban Silverado 5.7L 2wd ECM 1227747 HiWay Lean Cruise 18.5 MPG and 12.5 to 1 AFR at WOT!

1972 IH 1210 Isky Cammed Balenced 345 4 speed PCM 16197427 Project!

[SIZE=3][B][URL="http://www.gearhead-efi.com/"]GearHead-EFI.com[/URL] EFI Conversions and Chip Tuners![/B][/SIZE]
      [B]May be all you need to know about EFI![/B]

and I still help local JustIH members (for fun) free! :cool: [/CENTER]

Comment

If you look down this FI forum page about 5-6 post there is one about FI 304.
        Bill USN-1

COMMITED TO TEACHING PEOPLE THE "PROPER" WAY TO EFI
        HAMILTON FUEL INJECTION
        May be the answer to all your fuel injection needs!
        Learn to do it right.

Comment

about the adapter...

Is that adapter readily available or is there a place to order it from?

Bill you've been answering my posts for a long time now and giving some damn good tips. I thank you.

Comment

Re: about the adapter...

Originally posted by SKuri

Bill you've been answering my posts for a long time now and giving some damn good tips. I thank you.

Check with AFI (a board sponsor) first. I have heard mention of them selling one, but have yet to see one.

Then theres Holley. Same aluminum we all use, just manufactured by/for HOLLEY. You/I pay for that name!!!

Then theres you. I built mine. (check "weekend progress" thread below)

Search for posts by me if have any other questions as I feel I have asked them all!! LOL............... And have got an answer for most of them. Thanks all!!

Wish ya luck!!

Holley TBI adapter
            My "Disasterpiece"
            1970 800A 4X4,HFI'd,304,B/W,27,44,3:73,28's.
            The rest are in my 25 year plan!

My "Ruedh"
            FREE 1972 1110 4x4,V8(?)727,205,44 drum/60/3.54's,small cheap tires.
            LOOOOADS-O-RUST!! Donor body located. Not!! JY owner played the "crusher value" card. : angry:
            NON-working rear window. Need info!!!

www.northtexasbinders.com

Comment

AFI does sell the adapter alone or with the Do It Yourself kit or with a full system. They are ready to bolt on. Less expensive and there company AFI not only supports this board and website they are major contributors to the IH community events. Holley won't even respond to our solicitations.
              [CENTER]1994 Buick RoadMaSSter Estate Wagon LT1/4L60E. White and Woodgrain Sleeper...PCM 16188051 With SS/V4P/Custom Tune! WOT 12.9 AFR!

1990 Chevy Suburban Silverado 5.7L 2wd ECM 1227747 HiWay Lean Cruise 18.5 MPG and 12.5 to 1 AFR at WOT!

[SIZE=3][B][URL="http://www.gearhead-efi.com/"]GearHead-EFI.com[/URL] EFI Conversions and Chip Tuners![/B][/SIZE]

Comment

Re: about the adapter...

Originally posted by SKuri

If you decide to make your own adapter there are diagrams avail.
                If you want to save some time and agrevation then just email Norm at AFI and he can hook you up. I'm about 50/50 on the adapters, some made some bought.

Keep asking and I'll keep answering.
                The forum does have a search also.
                There are a lot of answers already here. You just need to know what to ask!!

Bill
                Bill USN-1

HAMILTON FUEL INJECTION
                Learn to do it right.

Comment

I have some diagrams and Bill has sent me some others. Think I should just start a page where these are available?

Comment

Sure, add them to the adapter page.
                    Bill USN-1

HAMILTON FUEL INJECTION
                    Learn to do it right.

Comment

Working...
                    X