F250 external fuel pump numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F250 external fuel pump numbers

I'm going to go with the external fuel pump with my TBI system.

I like the idea of the F250 pump, rather than the airtex (?) for the availiability factor.

Bill, you posted part #:

masters E2182

Do you know what years and applications this pump is for?

Not sure on the 2182.
    If you look up an 89 f250 5.8L you will get an E2000. this is the same pump with the ford quick connects on it. You can use either one, it's up to you.
    You can even go to your favorite store and ask to go through each box and find the one you want. Just needs to maintain at least 15PSI for the TBI.
    The 2182/2000 are good for 95PSI.
    Bill USN-1

COMMITED TO TEACHING PEOPLE THE "PROPER" WAY TO EFI
    HAMILTON FUEL INJECTION
    May be the answer to all your fuel injection needs!
    Learn to do it right.

Comment

Isn't 95psi a little overkill?

What do you need to get to use the ford quick connects? Don't you need a special tool to disconnect Ford high pressure fuel lines? I vaguely remember strange fittings on an 89 mustang I had 6-7 years ago.

Comment

You will need to buy the fittings new or JY and the spring clip tool if that's what you use.
        On the fuel filters they just use a small lock clip that slides in from the side of the O-ring connections. No special tools needed.
        Where you get them is up to you. I don't use them.

95 is max rated pressure.
        Don't over think everything about this project or you will never get done.
        Your pressure regulator is what controls the fuel pressure. so you can have a pump capable of 1000psi but the regulator will keep it at the prescribed 13 psi.

Do you really want to run a pump that is only capable of 13psi.
        You would be at max all the time!!!
        I don't think the pump would last long.
        These are straight from partsamerica.com for the 89 F250.

]

e2000

Fuel Filter
        Bill USN-1

HAMILTON FUEL INJECTION
        Learn to do it right.

Comment

The pump of choice that came with my kit from Affordable Fuel Injection is a NAPA P5001 with a lifetime warranty if installed with a filter (get filter on same receipt). I have know idea what they cross reference to. It has everything you need to do the install.
          [CENTER]1994 Buick RoadMaSSter Estate Wagon LT1/4L60E. White and Woodgrain Sleeper...PCM 16188051 With SS/V4P/Custom Tune! WOT 12.9 AFR!

1990 Chevy Suburban Silverado 5.7L 2wd ECM 1227747 HiWay Lean Cruise 18.5 MPG and 12.5 to 1 AFR at WOT!

1972 IH 1210 Isky Cammed Balenced 345 4 speed PCM 16197427 Project!

[SIZE=3][B][URL="http://www.gearhead-efi.com/"]GearHead-EFI.com[/URL] EFI Conversions and Chip Tuners![/B][/SIZE]
          [B]May be all you need to know about EFI![/B]

and I still help local JustIH members (for fun) free! :cool: [/CENTER]

Comment

Carter P5001

ELEC FUEL PUMP

Pricing
            Retail Price: $262.62
            Our Price: $179.99
            You Save: $82.63
            Availability
            Usually ships in 1 business day
            Shipping weight: 5 lbs.
            Warranty
            1 Year Limited Warranty

HLY-12-927
            $138.99
            Should Ship By: Tomorrow

Last edited by Bill usn-1; 12-21-2003, 05:05 PM.
            Bill USN-1

HAMILTON FUEL INJECTION
            Learn to do it right.

Comment

That sure be the one. AFI sure doesen't skimp on their fuel pumps.
              I wonder what NAPA would sell it for?
              [CENTER]1994 Buick RoadMaSSter Estate Wagon LT1/4L60E. White and Woodgrain Sleeper...PCM 16188051 With SS/V4P/Custom Tune! WOT 12.9 AFR!

1990 Chevy Suburban Silverado 5.7L 2wd ECM 1227747 HiWay Lean Cruise 18.5 MPG and 12.5 to 1 AFR at WOT!

[SIZE=3][B][URL="http://www.gearhead-efi.com/"]GearHead-EFI.com[/URL] EFI Conversions and Chip Tuners![/B][/SIZE]

Comment

Here is the commercial (painted) version of the E2182/2000 from Jegs.

BBK High Performance In-Line Fuel Pump

Product images may differ from actual product appearance.
                In-Line Pump Package
                If you’re running a supercharger or nitrous kit, this kit offers the most performance in its class. BBK's super high-output design flows over 50 gallons per hour and over 310 pounds per hour at approximately 70 pounds per square inch. The direct connection hardware is made for 5.0L Mustangs.

129-1602 In-Line Fuel Pump Package $239.99
                Last edited by Bill usn-1; 12-22-2003, 08:31 PM.
                Bill USN-1

HAMILTON FUEL INJECTION
                Learn to do it right.

Comment

Thanks, guys. I didn't realize I'd be laying out so much cash for the pump. The intank is looking more attractive.

Comment

If you read all the post..I only pay $75 for the E2182 pump at AZ. Not cheap but not $250 either!!!
                    Bill USN-1

HAMILTON FUEL INJECTION
                    Learn to do it right.

Comment

What's the link to the other post?

Comment

DOH!!!

What parts do I need
                        Holley projection
                        Last edited by Bill usn-1; 12-22-2003, 04:04 PM.
                        Bill USN-1

HAMILTON FUEL INJECTION
                        Learn to do it right.

Comment

I checked with Norm at Affordable Fuel Injection on the P5001 fuel pumps that come with their Kit and System.
                          They sell them at $150.00
                          This is $30. less than the parts America on-line.

Comment

Originally posted by brendan
                            Thanks, guys. I didn't realize I'd be laying out so much cash for the pump. The intank is looking more attractive.
                            My thoughts exactly!! I will have more in my pump/s than and any other piece/part I have bought or scrounged for my conversion.

This is until I go for the small cap dizzy that Mark and his buddy are doing. Not a have to item, but one I WANT!!!

Some things you just have to bite the bullet and dig deep in your wallet and purchase.

I am still working on my intank idea with my 800 tank/s.

With a S2 tank it should be fairly easy to put the pump intank as Bill's post/article shows. Running cooler should help extend the pump life also. Only draw back will be when it dies right after you fill the tank up. Thats been my luck with intank pumps, can't give it up when on empty.

Good luck!!
                            My "Disasterpiece"
                            1970 800A 4X4,HFI'd,304,B/W,27,44,3:73,28's.
                            The rest are in my 25 year plan!

My "Ruedh"
                            FREE 1972 1110 4x4,V8(?)727,205,44 drum/60/3.54's,small cheap tires.
                            LOOOOADS-O-RUST!! Donor body located. Not!! JY owner played the "crusher value" card. : angry:
                            NON-working rear window. Need info!!!

www.northtexasbinders.com

Comment

Go intank whenever possible.

I always recommend going with an intank fuel pump for the reason stated below, it lends itself better too no starvation and runs cooler. Most people don't use them only because of cost. I have done both and am putting an intank pump in my J**p and my Mustang. We have external pumps on all three of our Camaro's and an intank pump on our Pro Street S-10.

We include the NAPA pump in our kit and/or sell them separately for $150.00. The NAPA pump is the same as the Carter pump that Bill is showing. We use the NAPA pump for one reason, servicability. Most everyone knows NAPA and can go to one and get a pump.

The AIRTEX pump works also and I can get them for less money in bulk, however at the end of the day if someone needs to warranty one or service it, they do not know right off the top of their head where to get an AIRTEX. In all seriousness it is problaby easier to get an AIRTEX than a NAPA pump as they are sold in many different stores. NAPA just has the name recognition and it saves me and the customer time even though I make less money on it. NAPA still has lifetime warranty and AIRTEX reduced their waranty to 1 year so we use the NAPA and pay the extra buck.

There are only two manufacturers of fuel pumps here in the states, Walbro and Siemens I believe for aftermarket pumps and they market them in many different brands. The Ford pump is a Bosch and works very well but needs to have another pressure regulator I believe. I have never used it on TBI units only MPFI units.

I hope this answers your question but yes in the long run this is one of the most expensive components of the fuel injection system as it should be. If you do not have a good pump or a reliable one you are on the side of the road or trail.

Comment

Working...
                              X