Hey, is that "shake and bake"......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey, is that "shake and bake"......

Just picked up my parts from the Part Stop. I had a very nasty intake, thermostat housing, and water neck that need cleaning. The parts came from a '79 traveller that had spent some time in flood waters. Wow, what a difference that made. They look like new parts. All damage done: $55 which included "shake and bake" 3 parts, can of high temp paint, and 5 1 1/8" freeze plugs for the bottom of the intake.

Jeff

Looks good!!

What did you decide to do on the adapter and holes?
    Bill USN-1

COMMITED TO TEACHING PEOPLE THE "PROPER" WAY TO EFI
    HAMILTON FUEL INJECTION
    May be the answer to all your fuel injection needs!
    Learn to do it right.

Comment

Adapter holes are straight through with the intake itself opened up and tapered. Could have opened the holes in the intake a little more (about.020-.030), but I don't think it'll make much difference.

Have a couple of EFI harness wiring questions, all of the diagrams I have seen, have the oil pressure switch with 2 wires. A gray one and an orange one. The harness I pulled from a 90 S10 blazer has one more wire to the oil pressure switch, tan in color, and it comes from the fuse panel. Would this go to the main power relay for the EFI?

Also, after removing wires, I have 5 wires left that came from the fuse block.

Pink---goes to coil---attach to relay?
      gray---goes to B2 on ECM, oil pressure switch, fuel pump relay---attach??
      tan/black---goes to A7 ECM, tcc/shift light---eliminate?
      tan---to oil pressure switch---attach??
      orange--B1 ECM, 12v battery power---attach to relay or straight to battery?

Thanks,

Jeff

Comment

wiring

Jeff,
        I was wrapped up in the great super bowl hype today.

"GO TAMPA"

I'll pull out my wiring notes and give you specifics tomorrow....But in short I bypassed the oil pressure sw and wired straight to the relay.

Both orange power wires to the ECM I run from the power relay. I run 1 main red fused wire to the bat. Prior to the fuse or relay is red(bat) after the fuse is orange(fused 12v) for color coding.
        Pink w/blk is switched 12v

The large pink goes to the + side of the coil (sw 12v)
        eliminate the tan/blk- TCC wire
        I'll scan my wiring diagram with the fuel pump relay changes for you tomorrow. I don't remember mine being gray but GM changed a few wire colors thru out the years and ecm's.
        Bill USN-1

HAMILTON FUEL INJECTION
        Learn to do it right.

Comment

diagram

Here is sheet 2 of the 747 diagrams. If you have not downloaded these from the GMECM ftp web site I would suggest you do that. The relay wiring on my relays was different that the diagram. Mine is C A D F E. And I eliminated the oil pressure safety switch. B2 on one of mine was tan/wht, the other one was gray like yours so GM made a few subs in their wiring colors.
          Run the org(C16,A1) from fused batt.
          pink/blk(A6) and injector 12v off of the relay as sw/12v.

On one of mine I hooked up the park/neutral wire(B10), on the other 2 I didn't. Hasn't made a difference either way yet since I'm not running the VSS(A10). If you plan to run one than I would connect it.
          I just found the grd rtn from the park/neutral sw and tapped into it. I could not find the wire number on the scout harness or I would give it to you.

HTH
          Bill USN-1

HAMILTON FUEL INJECTION
          Learn to do it right.

Comment

try 2

try2
            Attached Files
            Bill USN-1

HAMILTON FUEL INJECTION
            Learn to do it right.

Comment

Thanks Bill.

That is what I needed to know about. I want to make darn sure that I have all wires covered and hooked up correctly. Have the distributer almost finished, painted the manifold and extra parts, just need to buy the fuel pump and the eprom stuff and then I am ready for install.

thanks again,

Jeff

Comment

Bill, does this look right, do you think it'll work? I will be soldering wires tomorrow after a trip to Radio Shack for some solder and shrink tube. Then working on the sensor plate. I have my daughter's scout in the garage so I don't have to go out in the snow we just got for trial fitting of anything.

Thanks,

Jeff
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Jeff Eggemeyer; 02-17-2003, 01:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Eggemeyer
                  Bill, does this look right, do you think it'll work? I will be soldering wires tomorrow after a trip to Radio Shack for some solder and shrink tube. Then working on the sensor plate. I have my daughter's scout in the garage so I don't have to go out in the snow we just got for trial fitting of anything.

Thanks,

Jeff
                  I don't run the ign from the switch. Due to voltage drop I run all switched 12vdc thru the relay.

if you use a bosch style relay here are the pins:

30-12v fused input
                  85- Gnd
                  86- 12vdc from ign sw
                  87- pink/blk, pink
                  87- red, white

there are 2- 87 output terminals on the relay so you can use both.
                  There are several places the pink/blk branch off to.
                  I have also used a terminal strip and just run the sw 12vdc from the relay to the terminal strip and connect the other loads to it.

Hope this is not mud for you.
                  Bill USN-1

HAMILTON FUEL INJECTION
                  Learn to do it right.

Comment

One thing to add:

check and make sure your relay has 2 #87 pins. I have seen them with only one.

Comment

Thanks guys....

Its clear as 30 weight.

Yeehaw, here we go, off to fight the octopus one more time.

Jeff

Comment

Working...
                      X