Injector Towers on TBI ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Injector Towers on TBI ?

Does anyone know if the injector towers from the 4.3 or 5.0 etc are interchangeable? They appear to be identical if you change the injectors, but they are marked with different numbers?
    [CENTER]1994 Buick RoadMaSSter Estate Wagon LT1/4L60E. White and Woodgrain Sleeper...PCM 16188051 With SS/V4P/Custom Tune! WOT 12.9 AFR!

1990 Chevy Suburban Silverado 5.7L 2wd ECM 1227747 HiWay Lean Cruise 18.5 MPG and 12.5 to 1 AFR at WOT!

1972 IH 1210 Isky Cammed Balenced 345 4 speed PCM 16197427 Project!

[SIZE=3][B][URL="http://www.gearhead-efi.com/"]GearHead-EFI.com[/URL] EFI Conversions and Chip Tuners![/B][/SIZE]
    [B]May be all you need to know about EFI![/B]

and I still help local JustIH members (for fun) free! :cool: [/CENTER]

If you are talking about the whole pod assy. Then yes they are.
    Bill USN-1

COMMITED TO TEACHING PEOPLE THE "PROPER" WAY TO EFI
    HAMILTON FUEL INJECTION
    May be the answer to all your fuel injection needs!
    Learn to do it right.

Comment

Same

There is no difference with the 4.3, 5.0 and 5.7L TBI unit injector pods. The 7.4 and 2.8L units are not completely interchangeable but with a die grinder you can make them all work.

Comment

I'm putting some GM 90 PPH injectors on a holley TB for my motorhome 454. It's almost a bolt on deal.
        Bill USN-1

HAMILTON FUEL INJECTION
        Learn to do it right.

Comment

Holley Base

I have purchased over a hunder holley bases that we use for this type of conversion all the time. The holley base flows better than the GM base. We use them on 350's and 383's as well, that works very well. Do you need a file for your motorhome project? I can get you one that we use with a lot of success.

I downloaded the GMECMEDIT and will check it out. I still like using Carprom but mostly because I am very familar with it. The programs like WINBIN attempt to extract out different parameters but many times leave things out that I like to play with in a file.

Comment

Has anyone got a spare pod, as I have a tb assemybly that has one of the threaded holes for the fuel lines busted off the pod.
            My "Disasterpiece"
            1970 800A 4X4,HFI'd,304,B/W,27,44,3:73,28's.
            The rest are in my 25 year plan!

My "Ruedh"
            FREE 1972 1110 4x4,V8(?)727,205,44 drum/60/3.54's,small cheap tires.
            LOOOOADS-O-RUST!! Donor body located. Not!! JY owner played the "crusher value" card. : angry:
            NON-working rear window. Need info!!!

www.northtexasbinders.com

Comment

If you have something to start with, that would be great. I was just going to look for a 3500 bin or something from the heaviest truck I could find.
              Let me know if you want to sell one of the bases. Once I put this on the MH I won't have one to play with. I have another set of the 90 injectors I want to play with on a smaller motor.
              I take it you drill and tap the old bases for the IAC.
              Bill USN-1

HAMILTON FUEL INJECTION
              Learn to do it right.

Comment

Bases and chip

Send me an emial and we can converse aobut this offline of the forum. [email protected].

Comment

Working...
                X