Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small GM dist. conversion

Hey there,

I think this message is directed to Eagle-Mark...? Maybe...

I was wondering how the Small GM / IH dist conversion was comming?

I'm just looking for an update not to be pushy or anything like that.

I really appreaciate all the work you have done with your dist. conversions.

Just interested,
    -John Sylvester

It is going well actually, a little behind schedule do to life and the law of economics.

The first one was shipped to Bill usn-1 from Texas, he is the moderator of this board and has a couple of running EFI Scouts, mine is apart and being fuel injected as we speak.

It just drooped in and ran great for a couple of months.
    Then he returned it for inspection and measurements for the conversion. When I opened it up I found a flaw that was fatal to the distributor.

The GM distributor pushes up when the engine is running and the IH motor pulls down when running. I did not have enough clearance for the distributor gear to bottom out before the reluctor up top hit a non thrust surface, creating lots of heat. It was destroyed.

After sitting down with the machinist and a Friend who is a design engineer we have it worked out and the second one is built, I have to pick it up and ship it to Bill for another test.

So that's where we stand, it is close but just like my life always late! But within a month we should know how this one does.
    [CENTER]1994 Buick RoadMaSSter Estate Wagon LT1/4L60E. White and Woodgrain Sleeper...PCM 16188051 With SS/V4P/Custom Tune! WOT 12.9 AFR!

1990 Chevy Suburban Silverado 5.7L 2wd ECM 1227747 HiWay Lean Cruise 18.5 MPG and 12.5 to 1 AFR at WOT!

1972 IH 1210 Isky Cammed Balenced 345 4 speed PCM 16197427 Project!

[SIZE=3][B][URL="http://www.gearhead-efi.com/"]GearHead-EFI.com[/URL] EFI Conversions and Chip Tuners![/B][/SIZE]
    [B]May be all you need to know about EFI![/B]

and I still help local JustIH members (for fun) free! :cool: [/CENTER]

Comment

Thanks!

I just wanted to touch base to see how it was going!
      :)Thanks again for all that you guys do!!
      -John Sylvester

Comment

Working...
      X