I have a 72 scout II with points.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a 72 scout II with points.....

so what distributor is that and can i convert it to duraspark? And all i need is the Ford parts?

Re: I have a 72 scout II with points.....

Originally posted by Andy Lee
    so what distributor is that and can i convert it to duraspark? And all i need is the Ford parts?
    http://www.justinternationals.org/Bi...=&threadid=214

This is the thread you need if you have a V-8.
    If it is a six than we will have to come up with another answer.
    Bill USN-1

COMMITED TO TEACHING PEOPLE THE "PROPER" WAY TO EFI
    HAMILTON FUEL INJECTION
    May be the answer to all your fuel injection needs!
    Learn to do it right.

Comment

Hi Bill,
      If you thinks it's time to update the conversion or add anymore pictures to simplify let me know.

P.S. the GM distributor is done!
      [CENTER]1994 Buick RoadMaSSter Estate Wagon LT1/4L60E. White and Woodgrain Sleeper...PCM 16188051 With SS/V4P/Custom Tune! WOT 12.9 AFR!

1990 Chevy Suburban Silverado 5.7L 2wd ECM 1227747 HiWay Lean Cruise 18.5 MPG and 12.5 to 1 AFR at WOT!

1972 IH 1210 Isky Cammed Balenced 345 4 speed PCM 16197427 Project!

[SIZE=3][B][URL="http://www.gearhead-efi.com/"]GearHead-EFI.com[/URL] EFI Conversions and Chip Tuners![/B][/SIZE]
      [B]May be all you need to know about EFI![/B]

and I still help local JustIH members (for fun) free! :cool: [/CENTER]

Comment

good deal, How close are you to being ready for it?

If you want me to test it just send it to me.

BTW, I found replacement mag pickup for the GM dist so I can send it to you if you need another one.

I am looking at getting another camera so I can do it right. Just haven't got off the money yet since I lost a locker last outing!!!
        Bill USN-1

HAMILTON FUEL INJECTION
        Learn to do it right.

Comment

What ever you got just send it with a little note as to where you want the picture or paragraph. One thing per e-mail is better than a huge one, easier on you to just blurt something here and there...

Yes I want you to run it again. But in my computer crash I lost your address?

I got a GM core that needs a pick up so send it and when I build the next one you can have that with the new pick up!

My digital is pretty good up to about 12 -18 inches but anything you see from me closer than that was my 35mm.

Did you know that with this GM distributor and an adapter from MSD you can plug in their 6A ?
          [CENTER]1994 Buick RoadMaSSter Estate Wagon LT1/4L60E. White and Woodgrain Sleeper...PCM 16188051 With SS/V4P/Custom Tune! WOT 12.9 AFR!

1990 Chevy Suburban Silverado 5.7L 2wd ECM 1227747 HiWay Lean Cruise 18.5 MPG and 12.5 to 1 AFR at WOT!

[SIZE=3][B][URL="http://www.gearhead-efi.com/"]GearHead-EFI.com[/URL] EFI Conversions and Chip Tuners![/B][/SIZE]

Comment

I knew MSD had a plug in for GM but didn't really put 2 and 2 together.

I just changed to 75 plugs gapped at .050 so I will see how they do.
            One of my problems is I am burning a new chip almost every night looking for something better. so it's hard to tell how much the plugs help.
            I'll send the address off line.
            Been working 7 days a week as you can imagine so it does not leave much time other than evenings.
            I'll get done what I can.
            Bill USN-1

HAMILTON FUEL INJECTION
            Learn to do it right.

Comment

Mark Are you going to do a write up on the small HEI/IH dizzy mods/machine work needed. Or are you planning on a small side business with your dizzy. I found one (small hei) and was wondering what to do with it and thought I would look into what it takes to make it IH compatible. Thanks for any info!!

Bill You mentioned burning a new chip every night for your scout, how much more can you tweek it. Tried reading up on the chip burning thing and it got over my head rather fast. Is the trail rig the one you are burning for or is it for the street scout? What did you decide to replace the locker you wasted with?

Thanks again to all who has been involved with whole EFI conversion to this point. Can't wait to get mine converted.
              My "Disasterpiece"
              1970 800A 4X4,HFI'd,304,B/W,27,44,3:73,28's.
              The rest are in my 25 year plan!

My "Ruedh"
              FREE 1972 1110 4x4,V8(?)727,205,44 drum/60/3.54's,small cheap tires.
              LOOOOADS-O-RUST!! Donor body located. Not!! JY owner played the "crusher value" card. : angry:
              NON-working rear window. Need info!!!

www.northtexasbinders.com

Comment

Well I was doing a lot of burning for the street scout and it was really starting to come to life. So I stuck it in my trail scout and it was worse than the one I was running.
                So I have been working on one for the trail scout.
                I ended up with a corrupted file and spent a week of nights trying to tune it, only to discover the file was bad and I was never going to get it to run right.

I ended up with another EZ locker. I went for a loc-right but everyone was out and I heard the company was restructuring or something.
                So I will just try to shim it as tight as I can and see how it last!!!
                Bill USN-1

HAMILTON FUEL INJECTION
                Learn to do it right.

Comment

Mark Are you going to do a write up on the small HEI/IH dizzy mods/machine work needed. Or are you planning on a small side business with your dizzy. I found one (small hei) and was wondering what to do with it and thought
                  Yes the GM small cap will have a complete write up with auto cad drawings for those that wish to do the machine work. Or the machinist here in Idaho will do the machining as well.
                  I was there friday and it just needed to small measurement changes he said I could pick it up Monday. No business for me I just got it set up with the machinist so we could all get one.
                  So with a little more testing it'll be ready real soon.

Comment

Working...
                  X