Fuel pump for tbi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel pump for tbi

Had a long post typed up and puter hiccupped on me and it was lost, so will keep it short this time. Since I am converting an 800 to tbi i will need an external pump for now so what is the pressure needed for the tbi. I want to later put a pump in each tank, with a electric selector valve so that I have a backup if one dies. Seeing as how my van was at nearly 200k with factory pump before I sold it will probly never have one die but it would be cheap insurance either way. So if anyone is running external pump what is it's specs. Thanks again for everyones efforts in the/my tbi conversion!
    My "Disasterpiece"
    1970 800A 4X4,HFI'd,304,B/W,27,44,3:73,28's.
    The rest are in my 25 year plan!

My "Ruedh"
    FREE 1972 1110 4x4,V8(?)727,205,44 drum/60/3.54's,small cheap tires.
    LOOOOADS-O-RUST!! Donor body located. Not!! JY owner played the "crusher value" card. : angry:
    NON-working rear window. Need info!!!

www.northtexasbinders.com

Fuel Pump

Airtex makes a pump Part # E-8094 which is built for the TBI units. They put out about 18 - 20 psi and your TBI reduces it down to 10 - 13 psi. You should be able to buy this at most part stores but may need to order it. Car Quest also markets the same unit with a different part #; I believe it is 5001. NAPA also makes one for this, I believe the part # may be the same as the Airtex but not sure.

Comment

Working...
    X