Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone know of a TBI setup for sale?

guys/gals
    I am at a stopping point, I would like to equip my Scout II with TBI but all the places around me here don't seem to have the parts I need. One place has a complete setup from a 87 FS Blazer but based on the donor list not all with work. Another place has everything but a few sensors, but again based on donor list not all will work.
    I would rather not have to piece everything together because that tends to become pricy. If anyone know where I could get everything at I wouldn't mind paying for shipping.

Thanks for any help
    Mark
    Portland Oregon

One of the club sponsors, AFI, will fix you up with the whole set up.

Not having ready access to a good mall, I got most of my pieces off of eBay. There is one vendor on eBay that Bill USN 1 turned me on to that provided most of the parts. His eBay user name is "ragged".

All together, the throttle body, sensors, and ECM ran me about $150 including the shipping. I'll get the rest, harness, adapter, pump, and chip from AFI. At $395, their's is the best deal that I've found.

Good luck!

Comment

The parts are out there.
      Try
      http://car-part.com/
      you really have to watch what you search for.

Also as sandracer pointed out, for a set of used sensors I normally use ragged1 on ebay. he is an Airforce guy up in PA where I used to be stationed and has always sold me good parts.

I use EBay a lot.
      Just got another system for $86 plus shipping of 14 for a total of $100.
      Still need fuel pump, O2 sensor and the 7747 computer.

HTH
      Bill USN-1

COMMITED TO TEACHING PEOPLE THE "PROPER" WAY TO EFI
      HAMILTON FUEL INJECTION
      May be the answer to all your fuel injection needs!
      Learn to do it right.

Comment

FWIW the last time I checked Steve's (ragged) auctions, he had several 7747's ranging from $35 to $49.95 depending on whether it had a V6 or a V8 chip in it.

I just opted for the V6 version since I'll get the chip from AFI.

I emailed him about the 5 sensor packages he offers and he hooked me up with the additional sensors, O2 and knock, for a very minimal cost. I think I paid $49.95 for 7 sensors and the shipping was included.

A bargain when you check the prices at the parts store.

Comment

Working...
        X