X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EFI ECM and trany questions?

Ok AFI, Bill,
    2 questions,
    AFI: When you mentioned the ECM available in 93-95 Trucks being faster would you recomend using that ecm? Or is it still too difficult to tune to our 345's? I have a lead on a 94 set, but I thought I needed the 747 do get any type of support?

If I was say, planning to instal a 700r4 w/transfer case down the road with the adapter plate for the 345 what ECM setup would you recomend?

Thanks
    Mark

"also FI bum" thanks guys

In my opinion(IMO) if I were looking to do that much swapping, I would just get the whole donor vehicle and drop the the whole thing in at once. Motor, tranny, TC, wiring, computer. For what you are going to spend on the adapter, you could just drop the whole thing in and be done with all factory calibration and chips.
    If you want more low end torque, then look at a big block set up.
    But I don't think it is really needed. Of course you can never have too many cubes!!!!
    If you are looking at the 700r4 than you are thinking overdrive for fuel economy so the BBC would not even be an issue for you.
    I'm not one to condone engine swaps, but it your case it just make more sense. How bout a 4.3 V-6 set up?
    My $.02
    Bill USN-1

COMMITED TO TEACHING PEOPLE THE "PROPER" WAY TO EFI
    HAMILTON FUEL INJECTION
    May be the answer to all your fuel injection needs!
    Learn to do it right.

Comment

Bill thanks for the reply,

I totally agree with what you are saying but, all in all Im not looking at that much. I'm looking at 250 for the entire TBI setup with some mod's needed to the wiring (including rebuilt Throttle body), and down the road a 700r4 will run me about 125 from a yard for a "core". My brother-in-law rebuilds them for Chevrolet so he charges me for parts and a little extra for his time.

I really like the IH's and I dont really see myself replacing its heart when it won't be that much work to update it to perform to my needs.

I really appreciate your responses and help on this subject, keep'em cumming if you think of anything.

Thanks
      Mark

Comment

Working...
      X