Adapter plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adapter plate

Anyone know who makes an adapter plate for a GM throttle body to a IH manifold with 2 barrel? Wondering who makes em and what they cost.

Thanks
    Mark

Here is link to the one for the 2 barrel manifolds. All the others for the 4 barrels are on this page also. Thank Bill he found them first!!!!.

http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/ProdLin...FIA/17-45.html
    My "Disasterpiece"
    1970 800A 4X4,HFI'd,304,B/W,27,44,3:73,28's.
    The rest are in my 25 year plan!

My "Ruedh"
    FREE 1972 1110 4x4,V8(?)727,205,44 drum/60/3.54's,small cheap tires.
    LOOOOADS-O-RUST!! Donor body located. Not!! JY owner played the "crusher value" card. : angry:
    NON-working rear window. Need info!!!

www.northtexasbinders.com

Comment

Sorry wrong address. Use one below for complete listing!

http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/ProdLin...IA/FMSFIA.html
      My "Disasterpiece"

My "Ruedh"
      LOOOOADS-O-RUST!! Donor body located. Not!! JY owner played the "crusher value" card. : angry:

Comment

Cool, but which one?

Thanks, that is what I am looking for but which 2brl is the correct one for my 72 w/345?

Thanks
        Mark

Comment

This should be the correct one. Wait for Bill to back me up before you pursue one.

http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/ProdLin...FIA/17-47.html

I have one guestion. Does a throttle body show any effects from manifold heat soaking into it like some carbs do?. So I guess my guestion is should a person also run a phenolic/plastic spacer between the adapter and the tb or not?
          My "Disasterpiece"

My "Ruedh"

Comment

But the Holley is a 2 inch bore and the TBI GM that comes on the 305 and 350 is 1 11/16

Supposedly there is a vacuum leak problem with this. Most of the guys here have made their own several different ways.

AFI is machining them now but I don't know what he charges, I have one coming in a kit. I don't know of anyone else that makes them for the IH.
            [CENTER]1994 Buick RoadMaSSter Estate Wagon LT1/4L60E. White and Woodgrain Sleeper...PCM 16188051 With SS/V4P/Custom Tune! WOT 12.9 AFR!

1990 Chevy Suburban Silverado 5.7L 2wd ECM 1227747 HiWay Lean Cruise 18.5 MPG and 12.5 to 1 AFR at WOT!

1972 IH 1210 Isky Cammed Balenced 345 4 speed PCM 16197427 Project!

[SIZE=3][B][URL="http://www.gearhead-efi.com/"]GearHead-EFI.com[/URL] EFI Conversions and Chip Tuners![/B][/SIZE]
            [B]May be all you need to know about EFI![/B]

and I still help local JustIH members (for fun) free! :cool: [/CENTER]

Comment

Vacume leek

I'm curious to whether or not the vacume leek would occure if the proper gaskets were used? Say the original style carb. gasket between the manifold and the adapter plate and the correct TBI gasket between the TBI and adapter.

Think that would take care of it, or am I completely missing something.

Anyone have any idea what AFI is getting for one of these plates?

Thanks for all the responses.

Comment

The 17-47 is the correct one.
                It is for the holley 2 barrel and ford bolt pattern.
                Since the top of the plate is flat, if you use the right gasket there should not be any leak.
                I have made all of mine up till now(1/4 in), but I just bought one for my motorhome spreadbore manifold. (summit $36)

As for the heat problem??? I have not heard of any. Since there is no float bowl the fuel does not set in the carb to get heated.
                I would not run the fuel lines close to the exhaust!!
                But as with any motor , the cooler the inlet air, the more power you can make.
                Bill USN-1

COMMITED TO TEACHING PEOPLE THE "PROPER" WAY TO EFI
                HAMILTON FUEL INJECTION
                May be the answer to all your fuel injection needs!
                Learn to do it right.

Comment

Working...
                X