No announcement yet.

In-Line Fuel Pressure gauge placement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In-Line Fuel Pressure gauge placement?

I have an in-line fuel pressure gauge but was wondering where it should be for an accurate reading?
    In the fuel feed line it would measure the pump pressure?
    In the return line it would read after the regulator?
    [CENTER]1994 Buick RoadMaSSter Estate Wagon LT1/4L60E. White and Woodgrain Sleeper...PCM 16188051 With SS/V4P/Custom Tune! WOT 12.9 AFR!

1990 Chevy Suburban Silverado 5.7L 2wd ECM 1227747 HiWay Lean Cruise 18.5 MPG and 12.5 to 1 AFR at WOT!

1972 IH 1210 Isky Cammed Balenced 345 4 speed PCM 16197427 Project!

[SIZE=3][B][URL="http://www.gearhead-efi.com/"]GearHead-EFI.com[/URL] EFI Conversions and Chip Tuners![/B][/SIZE]
    [B]May be all you need to know about EFI![/B]

and I still help local JustIH members (for fun) free! :cool: [/CENTER]

I think input pressure is more import, as it will effect mixture (RICH/LEAN) All the problems and tunning suggestions I have read speak of the adjusting the pressure on the input (At least with the Holley's). Seems the pressure on the Holley system can make the difference between a good running system and poor running.

Comment

Correct,
      The pressure on the feed is the pressure at the inj.
      If you measure pressure on the return , you are measuring a restriction in the return path(not good).
      Too much restriction will affect the regulated pressure.
      Bill USN-1

COMMITED TO TEACHING PEOPLE THE "PROPER" WAY TO EFI
      HAMILTON FUEL INJECTION
      May be the answer to all your fuel injection needs!
      Learn to do it right.

Comment

Wonderful! Thanks Guys!
        [CENTER]1994 Buick RoadMaSSter Estate Wagon LT1/4L60E. White and Woodgrain Sleeper...PCM 16188051 With SS/V4P/Custom Tune! WOT 12.9 AFR!

1990 Chevy Suburban Silverado 5.7L 2wd ECM 1227747 HiWay Lean Cruise 18.5 MPG and 12.5 to 1 AFR at WOT!

[SIZE=3][B][URL="http://www.gearhead-efi.com/"]GearHead-EFI.com[/URL] EFI Conversions and Chip Tuners![/B][/SIZE]

Comment

Chevy stock TBI required fuel pressure?

Does anyone know what the required pressure is for the Chevy TBI, looking at installing an electric pump or if the requirements are right one of those higher pressure/volume mechanicals with a regulator.

Thanks
          Mark

Comment

The TBI regulator runs between 9-14 psi.
            It seems as though people check and it's always around the 13 mark.

Comment

Mine run right at 12.5 to 13.
              I have never heard of a FI system running on a mech pump.
              I would be concerned with volume and constant pressure.
              On 1 of mine I use the stock pump to feed the electric pump since I mounted up front. The elec pupms push better than the pull, so it's better to have them near the tank.
              I'm not a big fan of having the elec pump in the engine compartment with all that heat. It will definately shorten the life.
              Bill USN-1

COMMITED TO TEACHING PEOPLE THE "PROPER" WAY TO EFI
              HAMILTON FUEL INJECTION
              May be the answer to all your fuel injection needs!
              Learn to do it right.

Comment

Working...
              X