• Show
Clear All

• Bill usn-1
    replied
    Once I warm up, I'm closed loop.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Closed Loop

I think that the answer to my question about the advanced curve was the same that I had decided I would try Bill. But on the same issue concerning the FI are you closed loop at idle or do you come in at 1000 rpm??

Leave a comment:

• Bill usn-1
    replied
    0KPA to 100kpa

29.9 27.8 34.8 34.8 30.9 29.9 29.9 28.8 28.8 28.8 25.0 20.7 17.9 17.9

26.0 23.9 30.9 30.9 27.1 26.0 26.0 25.0 25.0 25.0 21.1 16.9 13.4 12.7

That is a $1M question.

Here you can see 2 of my spark curves at 2000rpm. The top is more radical and is great for bottom end on a freasher motor.
    The bottom is more conservative and has good driveability.

As you can see I do exceed 22* at higher vacuum(lower Kpa) readings. The far left is foot of the gas and far right is WOT.

Bottom line is ...there is room to play. A dyno is the optimum place but you can experiment with a tach and vacuum gauge driving down the road or up hill. pick a speed and adjust timing to max vacuum at a specific rpm and speed. When you have each reference point where you want it, then build your new timing curve based on the data. Leave a little safety margine for bad gas, high temps.
    Or just bump the base timing up a couple degrees at a time till you get negative results.

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic Advavance Curve for International

Advavance Curve for International

I now have YEPABUS up and running. I have been playing with the Holly Commander 950 4 Barrel TBI set up and doing some fuel maps. I also did a spark curve( I have an HEI small cap conversion) and did a total advance of 22.5 degrees at 2000 rpm. This is the total advance, both vacuum and mechanical, that my Internation shop manual shows for a Loadstar. Since those of us who are into "fuel Injection" and distributor modifications are looking for different improvements is there SAFE AREA of advance increase in these SV engines or is the 22.5 where we should be??

I am pulling a total of 8 tons when I have my Plymouth Voyager in tow behind the bus.

Tom D.
Working...
X