ECM Location and wiring...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECM Location and wiring...

I can't believe so many people here are almost done with their systems including me. Wooo Hooo!

I opted for the Do It Yourself kit that Affordable Fuel Injection offers.

I thought I would start a fresh thread for the ECM and wiring.
    Here's a picture of the hole I cut in the firewall for the harness. It comes out behind the glove box. From the inside it was just wide open, push a couple wires out of the way. Once I got the hole cut I went back with the hole saw nice and slow and made a nice hole in the insulation as well.
    I chose two inch because everything would fit through it and I had a two inch grommet that will fit the hole. (from NAPA)
    Once the grommet is in you cut an X run wires and seal with silacone.

I'm also going to sacrifice my glove-box for a control center. With a center console it's no big deal.
    The big hole will run all the wires into the glove-box and the holes on the top should keep it plenty cool.
    Besides the ECM inside I'm going to keep the fuses, fuel pump relay and aldl port in there as well.
    [CENTER]1994 Buick RoadMaSSter Estate Wagon LT1/4L60E. White and Woodgrain Sleeper...PCM 16188051 With SS/V4P/Custom Tune! WOT 12.9 AFR!

1990 Chevy Suburban Silverado 5.7L 2wd ECM 1227747 HiWay Lean Cruise 18.5 MPG and 12.5 to 1 AFR at WOT!

1972 IH 1210 Isky Cammed Balenced 345 4 speed PCM 16197427 Project!

[SIZE=3][B][URL="http://www.gearhead-efi.com/"]GearHead-EFI.com[/URL] EFI Conversions and Chip Tuners![/B][/SIZE]
    [B]May be all you need to know about EFI![/B]

and I still help local JustIH members (for fun) free! :cool: [/CENTER]
Working...
X