Comprehensive wiring instructions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comprehensive wiring instructions?

Has anyone come across a somewhat comprehensive wiring instructions for doing the EFI conversion? Just sitting down and going over the diagrams and wondering if there is more info out there.

Thanks
    Mark

Theres more information than I could possibly understand at the link below. Click around I found the pin outs for the 1227747 listed under 1227749

http://www.cruzers.com/~ludis/1227749schematic.html
    [CENTER]1994 Buick RoadMaSSter Estate Wagon LT1/4L60E. White and Woodgrain Sleeper...PCM 16188051 With SS/V4P/Custom Tune! WOT 12.9 AFR!

1990 Chevy Suburban Silverado 5.7L 2wd ECM 1227747 HiWay Lean Cruise 18.5 MPG and 12.5 to 1 AFR at WOT!

1972 IH 1210 Isky Cammed Balenced 345 4 speed PCM 16197427 Project!

[SIZE=3][B][URL="http://www.gearhead-efi.com/"]GearHead-EFI.com[/URL] EFI Conversions and Chip Tuners![/B][/SIZE]
    [B]May be all you need to know about EFI![/B]

and I still help local JustIH members (for fun) free! :cool: [/CENTER]

Comment

Have you checked out the cusomefis link on the main FI page?
      That's where I started my learning curve at.
      You can become a member for about $30 and receive a manual that has the directions pin by pin how to make a harness and what each wire does.
      I honestly have not had time to make one up specific to the IH, but you should have no trouble.
      If you have the pin outs from the DIY-EFI site then to be honest you really don't need much more. I have talked about different parts of the wiring in this forum.

If you have never messed with wiring before than I would suggest the customefis manual.

customefis
      DIY-EFI manuals
      3rd gen- good info

All of these links and more are on the main FI page.

HTH
      Bill USN-1

COMMITED TO TEACHING PEOPLE THE "PROPER" WAY TO EFI
      HAMILTON FUEL INJECTION
      May be the answer to all your fuel injection needs!
      Learn to do it right.

Comment

Yep, that manual is basically what I was looking for and I picked one up a couple of days ago. But the manual does a good job of spelling out what pin does what on the ecm and some info on how to wire it but after talking with some other people who build these things alot, there is some info not included that would seem to be key information. So I don't know if I personally would say its all you need to make your own harness with step by step instructions, but its pretty dang close. Deffenetly a must if you plan on doing any twiking to a 747 ECM and harness.

Thanks for the responses
        Mark

Comment

Keep notes of exactly what you do and I will build a web page for it!
          You then will be a part of IH Fuel Injection history...

I am going to be over in your neck of the woods this summer visiting my father in Newburg. Your the next town over aren't you?
          [CENTER]1994 Buick RoadMaSSter Estate Wagon LT1/4L60E. White and Woodgrain Sleeper...PCM 16188051 With SS/V4P/Custom Tune! WOT 12.9 AFR!

1990 Chevy Suburban Silverado 5.7L 2wd ECM 1227747 HiWay Lean Cruise 18.5 MPG and 12.5 to 1 AFR at WOT!

1972 IH 1210 Isky Cammed Balenced 345 4 speed PCM 16197427 Project!

[SIZE=3][B][URL="http://www.gearhead-efi.com/"]GearHead-EFI.com[/URL] EFI Conversions and Chip Tuners![/B][/SIZE]
          [B]May be all you need to know about EFI![/B]

and I still help local JustIH members (for fun) free! :cool: [/CENTER]

Comment

yep

Basically next town over, though Sherwood is kinda inbetween. You will have to let me know when your intown and you can see my hack/ errr ummm i mean excelent instalation.

Mark

Comment

What key information is missing?

Do any of these others you've talked to have anything in writing.

The system is so complex that you will not find everything there is to know about it in 1 place.

My curiousity is peaked right now wondering what I might have missed in all the links I gave on the main FI page.

Mine have been doing great since the first install and only get better with each chip series I do.

Let me know what else you need.
              Bill USN-1

COMMITED TO TEACHING PEOPLE THE "PROPER" WAY TO EFI
              HAMILTON FUEL INJECTION
              May be the answer to all your fuel injection needs!
              Learn to do it right.

Comment

Working...
              X