ecm connector wire removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ecm connector wire removal

Been kinda stagnant around here for the last week. Everyone gone on vacation? Can't be everyone is in Colorado already!!Gonna be up there myself, just the first two weeks in july........Bummer. Maybe next year!!! Anyway what is the best shade tree way of removing wires from the ecm connector? I messes around with it a little the other night with no luck. Wasn't trying real hard either. Which of the two holes is the release tab in anyways? Any thoughts!!
    My "Disasterpiece"
    1970 800A 4X4,HFI'd,304,B/W,27,44,3:73,28's.
    The rest are in my 25 year plan!

My "Ruedh"
    FREE 1972 1110 4x4,V8(?)727,205,44 drum/60/3.54's,small cheap tires.
    LOOOOADS-O-RUST!! Donor body located. Not!! JY owner played the "crusher value" card. : angry:
    NON-working rear window. Need info!!!

www.northtexasbinders.com

Never tried to completely remove the pin. I just cut them back and left about 3in of wire, just in case I needed it later.
    If I get a chance I will play with one and let you know.

Your gonna miss it by 1 week!!!!
    bummer.
    Bill USN-1

COMMITED TO TEACHING PEOPLE THE "PROPER" WAY TO EFI
    HAMILTON FUEL INJECTION
    May be the answer to all your fuel injection needs!
    Learn to do it right.

Comment

Bummer Ya tell me about it. Will be home even before people start that way so will not even get to see any (IH products) on the way home. Lose lose situation. Not really as I have two weeks of no ringing phone or 100+ heat.

Bill are you or any of the NTB guys going up for RMIHR? I have a buddy close by that is going and was wondering if yall were going in a group up there. Until he gets his ignition problems lined out he is kinda leary of his rig(intermittant prestolite dizzy problem thread started over at the BB). He/it should be in Huntsville right now if his scout stayed together. Offered him my DS converted dizzy as he has a prestolite electronic in it now. He says the dizzy was a reman two years ago and that the replacement internals are HIGH for the prestolites. Everyone is trying to push the petronics setup to him over at the BB. I like the idea of getting parts for my converted dizzy almost anywhere. We will see what he decides. Maybe I can slide in the dizzy and them talk him into the complete FI conversion when I get mine finished. Thanks!!
      My "Disasterpiece"

My "Ruedh"
      LOOOOADS-O-RUST!! Donor body located. Not!! JY owner played the "crusher value" card. : angry:

Comment

John and I are planning the trip.
        Joe(the son) is finishing school this month and will be heading to Boot camp around Sep. so we are shooting for a last outing.
        No one else has commited to the trip.

If your buddy goes, I'll have spares!!!
        Even have an old(rebuilt) prestolite.
        Bill USN-1

HAMILTON FUEL INJECTION
        Learn to do it right.

Comment

I haven't used this tool directly on the part you are mentioning but it has worked on any other connection I have tried.
          They are only a few bucks at the auto parts store.
          Attached Files
          [CENTER]1994 Buick RoadMaSSter Estate Wagon LT1/4L60E. White and Woodgrain Sleeper...PCM 16188051 With SS/V4P/Custom Tune! WOT 12.9 AFR!

1990 Chevy Suburban Silverado 5.7L 2wd ECM 1227747 HiWay Lean Cruise 18.5 MPG and 12.5 to 1 AFR at WOT!

1972 IH 1210 Isky Cammed Balenced 345 4 speed PCM 16197427 Project!

[SIZE=3][B][URL="http://www.gearhead-efi.com/"]GearHead-EFI.com[/URL] EFI Conversions and Chip Tuners![/B][/SIZE]
          [B]May be all you need to know about EFI![/B]

and I still help local JustIH members (for fun) free! :cool: [/CENTER]

Comment

Thanks Mark Your post got me to thinking so I got out my 10+ year old Snap-on catalog and looked up the proper tool and the one you posted was the universal one but the correct one for the gm connectors is in the link below. One more tool for the tool box, and it will be a good conversation piece.

How is the small cap hei dizzy coming. Want to look into the whole machining side of it and see what is involved. Thanks again for you thoughts.

http://buy.snapon.com/catalog/search...e=snapon-store
            My "Disasterpiece"

My "Ruedh"

Comment

Very nice job there Binderman!

The distributor is going well. My AFI system is in with it and running wonderful.
              I'm just behind on things do to family health problems this year.
              But actually talked to the machinist today and will sit down with him for the final drawings and price from him for the un-machinists. Just internationals Newsletter just got finished, Binder Bash is next weekend, summer is here, my kid wants to ride his Odyssey and I just get more done in the winter!
              That's my story and I'm sticking to it...
              [CENTER]1994 Buick RoadMaSSter Estate Wagon LT1/4L60E. White and Woodgrain Sleeper...PCM 16188051 With SS/V4P/Custom Tune! WOT 12.9 AFR!

1990 Chevy Suburban Silverado 5.7L 2wd ECM 1227747 HiWay Lean Cruise 18.5 MPG and 12.5 to 1 AFR at WOT!

1972 IH 1210 Isky Cammed Balenced 345 4 speed PCM 16197427 Project!

[SIZE=3][B][URL="http://www.gearhead-efi.com/"]GearHead-EFI.com[/URL] EFI Conversions and Chip Tuners![/B][/SIZE]
              [B]May be all you need to know about EFI![/B]

and I still help local JustIH members (for fun) free! :cool: [/CENTER]

Comment

pin removal

The first pic is the connector and the 2 little tools I made out of safety wire. I also use them for continuity checks with my ohm meter.

the 2nd pic is the tools inserted into the top hole. you need to remove the wire gaurd from the connector before the pins can be extracted. The hold in on the wire to take the tension off the lock and with a little wiggling(technical term) you will be able to extract the pin from the back. Don't force it or you will bend the lock tab and make it even worse.

Pic 3 is the pin removed. note the lock tab is fixed in the front and goes from left to right.
                HTH

PS
                Mark where are the details??? don't throw the news out there with no info. Hows it doing?

Bill USN-1

HAMILTON FUEL INJECTION
                Learn to do it right.

Comment

Bill I asked for a shade tree way and you came through. I only have a couple of wires to move around since my harness is for a different computer than the 7747. I am looking for a 7747 to install when all is done with the wiring. Which hole is the lock tab in, closest to the center of the connector or the outer hole? And where are these wonderful new pics coming from, did you get a new digi camera? Keep um coming!!! Thanks again.
                  My "Disasterpiece"

My "Ruedh"

Comment

yep and yep.

The locks are on the outer holes and ebay is my friend.
                    3.1MP kodak for $135
                    Time to redo the dist article (after CO)
                    Bill USN-1

HAMILTON FUEL INJECTION
                    Learn to do it right.

Comment

Working...
                    X