Latest update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest update

Here is what I have been doing in the little spare time I have had.
    Trying to get ready for the Rockies trip!
    Re-ring, New cam and lifters, cam bearings, ported and gasket matched the heads/intake/exhaust. Oil pump kit with additional washer!
    2in TB on a spreadbore manifold with the holley spreadbore adapter.
    Time to clean up the wiring and my garage.
    Bought 2 extra motors and niether was as good as the original!!!
    Got parts!!!!!

Note Marks Distributor and the 454 8mm wires. Cleaned up the install.

Bill USN-1

COMMITED TO TEACHING PEOPLE THE "PROPER" WAY TO EFI
    HAMILTON FUEL INJECTION
    May be the answer to all your fuel injection needs!
    Learn to do it right.

So you built a whole new motor?
    Looks good!
    How's it running?
    I have been swamped but getting the little bugs worked out of mine.
    Two bad ECM.
    Vacuum leak.
    Bad MAP.
    Sometimes you just don't get good stuff from the bone-yard or e-Bay!
    The AFI kit was excellent! No problems there and saved a ton of time I just never had...
    Finished up the ECM mount to the top of the vented glove box, mounted the check engine light, mounted the ALDL port today. Binder Bash is next week and I am just about ready!

[CENTER]1994 Buick RoadMaSSter Estate Wagon LT1/4L60E. White and Woodgrain Sleeper...PCM 16188051 With SS/V4P/Custom Tune! WOT 12.9 AFR!

1990 Chevy Suburban Silverado 5.7L 2wd ECM 1227747 HiWay Lean Cruise 18.5 MPG and 12.5 to 1 AFR at WOT!

1972 IH 1210 Isky Cammed Balenced 345 4 speed PCM 16197427 Project!

[SIZE=3][B][URL="http://www.gearhead-efi.com/"]GearHead-EFI.com[/URL] EFI Conversions and Chip Tuners![/B][/SIZE]
    [B]May be all you need to know about EFI![/B]

and I still help local JustIH members (for fun) free! :cool: [/CENTER]

Comment

Looks sweet.
      It looks like the harness matches the GM colors. That's good for troubleshooting!
      Bill USN-1

HAMILTON FUEL INJECTION
      Learn to do it right.

Comment

Bill Is that the engine compartment of the old yellow trail rig you had at Nocona? If so a lot has changed in there. Good job, and its way to pretty to get all dirty. Are you and John going to road your rigs to CO or trailer them babies? If so wish yall the best of luck either way and hope once there yall have the time of your lives. I have not met your son, but thank him from me for his service to our great country!!!

Mark Yours too looks wonderful!! Hope you get all the little no seeums worked out. Thanks for all your work on the small cap hei dizzy. Bill won't be able to answer all the questions about it from curious folks at RMIHR.

Maybe I need to ride/drive one of these fi-ed scouts to get me in gear with mine. Had a death in wifes family and have been busy trying to iron out the things that come up when something like this happens. I guess my conversion is like a fine wine it just gets better with age. I don't drink so I guess I will just have to keep it all on the shelf (in a bucket) and look at it like a collector would do. I will get there someday!!!

Good job guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        My "Disasterpiece"
        1970 800A 4X4,HFI'd,304,B/W,27,44,3:73,28's.
        The rest are in my 25 year plan!

My "Ruedh"
        FREE 1972 1110 4x4,V8(?)727,205,44 drum/60/3.54's,small cheap tires.
        LOOOOADS-O-RUST!! Donor body located. Not!! JY owner played the "crusher value" card. : angry:
        NON-working rear window. Need info!!!

www.northtexasbinders.com

Comment

What's it hooked to?

Bill,

Looks great. Been looking at your pics, again. The vent hose that you have coming off the driver's side valve cover; if it's not plumbed to the air cleaner housing, where did you connect it? I've looked at the pics but I can't tell.

Still waiting for cooler weather to get busy on my conversion but always collecting pieces and info.

Thanks

Comment

Yaa I know...you wait for warmer temps in the winter and cooler temps in the summer!!!
            Actually I reversed the valve covers and run the vent to the new air cleaner vent on the pass side. I didn't think about it untill the motor was already in. You know how hard it is to take it back apart when you just put it together!!!
            In those pics it is not hooked up.
            Bill USN-1

HAMILTON FUEL INJECTION
            Learn to do it right.

Comment

Re: Latest update

Originally posted by Bill usn-1
              Bill,

Is that the air intake kit that they sell on Ebay? My brother and I are putting a TBI 4.3 in a Flatfender Jeep and are looking for a low profile air intake. There is only about 2" between the top of the TBI and the hood, how much does that intake stick up?

Thanks,

Ben

Comment

I had that problem with my Scout Traveler, no body lift. The lowest air filter I could find was this.

There is more information at:

http://www.justinternationals.org/Bi...=&threadid=720
                [CENTER]1994 Buick RoadMaSSter Estate Wagon LT1/4L60E. White and Woodgrain Sleeper...PCM 16188051 With SS/V4P/Custom Tune! WOT 12.9 AFR!

1990 Chevy Suburban Silverado 5.7L 2wd ECM 1227747 HiWay Lean Cruise 18.5 MPG and 12.5 to 1 AFR at WOT!

1972 IH 1210 Isky Cammed Balenced 345 4 speed PCM 16197427 Project!

[SIZE=3][B][URL="http://www.gearhead-efi.com/"]GearHead-EFI.com[/URL] EFI Conversions and Chip Tuners![/B][/SIZE]
                [B]May be all you need to know about EFI![/B]

and I still help local JustIH members (for fun) free! :cool: [/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
                X