Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 questions one on vacume locations 2nd on security

Ok,
    First question, on the TBI there are four Vacume intakes on the front, 1) left manifold vacume 2) PCV hose conection 3) ported vacume 4) right manifold. Now my question on these is what do I run to the left and right manifold vacume intakes, is the PCV valve the one in the driver side valve cover? and what do I run to the ported vacume intake?

Second question if I am planning on putting a switch in line with the power line on the ECM to keep it from running if someone not allowed trys to drive it, which wire would be the proper line to tap into?

Thanks
    Mark

Hope this helps!
    Don't know about the right and left. I did not use them or the ported vacum.

The PCV valve on my 77 345 comes out of the valley pan into the intake manifold so that was not an issue either. The breather is in the left valve cover. Got a picture?

[CENTER]1994 Buick RoadMaSSter Estate Wagon LT1/4L60E. White and Woodgrain Sleeper...PCM 16188051 With SS/V4P/Custom Tune! WOT 12.9 AFR!

1990 Chevy Suburban Silverado 5.7L 2wd ECM 1227747 HiWay Lean Cruise 18.5 MPG and 12.5 to 1 AFR at WOT!

1972 IH 1210 Isky Cammed Balenced 345 4 speed PCM 16197427 Project!

[SIZE=3][B][URL="http://www.gearhead-efi.com/"]GearHead-EFI.com[/URL] EFI Conversions and Chip Tuners![/B][/SIZE]
    [B]May be all you need to know about EFI![/B]

and I still help local JustIH members (for fun) free! :cool: [/CENTER]

Comment

Thanks, I was hoping someone noticed my post, LOL. I have herd the right and left manifold things are for emmisions junk and just need to be caped, as well as the ported one.
      Now when you say valley pan I am not quite sure where that is. There is a vacume line coming from something that looks like a pcv valve that sits in the center of the engine towards the back like above where the tranny conects, great explaination I know. I also have a pcv valve looking thing coming out of the valve cover but that should be a breather? It used to have a big vacume line that ran to the bottom of the air cleaner base.

Thanks
      Mark

Comment

That sounds like where my PCV valve is.

The one from the valve cover goes inside the air cleaner so it pulls clean air into the motor while the PCV valve sucks out the fumes and sends them into the intake manifold.

Things are slow around here, everybody is out Scouting around!
        [CENTER]1994 Buick RoadMaSSter Estate Wagon LT1/4L60E. White and Woodgrain Sleeper...PCM 16188051 With SS/V4P/Custom Tune! WOT 12.9 AFR!

1990 Chevy Suburban Silverado 5.7L 2wd ECM 1227747 HiWay Lean Cruise 18.5 MPG and 12.5 to 1 AFR at WOT!

1972 IH 1210 Isky Cammed Balenced 345 4 speed PCM 16197427 Project!

[SIZE=3][B][URL="http://www.gearhead-efi.com/"]GearHead-EFI.com[/URL] EFI Conversions and Chip Tuners![/B][/SIZE]
        [B]May be all you need to know about EFI![/B]

and I still help local JustIH members (for fun) free! :cool: [/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
        X