Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will V6 TBI.... Work on 392 except chip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will V6 TBI.... Work on 392 except chip?

Well I have the Duraspark going now. So I would like to start collecting parts for the TBI job. Here Pull-n-Save is the cheapest place to get parts but I dont seem to find many full size chevy tbi. I haven t seen one yet. But they do have a lot of the smaller v-6 s-10's and blazers seem to go through. i thought that I saw a post that this would work with a chip change. Or should I go to the other yards for parts and pay a little more?

This will go in a 71 scout II 392 non IC spread bore. Have a thermo quad on it now.

You will also have to change injectors. The TB is the same but the inj have different flow rates. The 350 inj should work fine but I think a 454 TB would be a good upgrade for the 392.
    AFI sells the bigger TB if you want to upgrade later.

You can also look at the 4.3 astrovans. They seem to be plentiful. Just make sure you get the 7747 computer for ease of tuning.
    Bill USN-1

COMMITED TO TEACHING PEOPLE THE "PROPER" WAY TO EFI
    HAMILTON FUEL INJECTION
    May be the answer to all your fuel injection needs!
    Learn to do it right.

Comment

Larger injectors

Bill is correct, you will need larger injectors.

We have at times had good success with the 400 cu. in. enignes simply installing 454 injectors and using a stock 350 chip. We actually did our own wrecker this way and it worked great.

You could also go to a large 350 injector. The 350's actually came with 3 different injectors ranging from 61 - 69 lbs/hr. If you use the larger injectors which are found on some of the newer TBI units and the cop car TBI units that will be enough for your engine.

If you need any help with a chip let me know, I know that Bill has a lot of experience with the IH's also and he is providing you with good advice as well.

Comment

Working...
      X