Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Injection First Big Trip!

IH All,
    Just found internet access at the library here outside Seattle in Bellevue and thought I would let you know how it's going!

The new EFI system I installed is Just Wonderful. My truck has never ran this great and this is a madien voyage to Seattle from Coeur d'Alene Idaho pulling a 20 foot travel trailer.
    Mountain passes, 100 degree heat, yet is just pulled like a dream. I will record some data on the way home and give some more details.

I'll check in when I can but should be home in a couple weeks.
    Thanks to everybody who has helped!

Eagle-Mark
    [CENTER]1994 Buick RoadMaSSter Estate Wagon LT1/4L60E. White and Woodgrain Sleeper...PCM 16188051 With SS/V4P/Custom Tune! WOT 12.9 AFR!

1990 Chevy Suburban Silverado 5.7L 2wd ECM 1227747 HiWay Lean Cruise 18.5 MPG and 12.5 to 1 AFR at WOT!

1972 IH 1210 Isky Cammed Balenced 345 4 speed PCM 16197427 Project!

[SIZE=3][B][URL="http://www.gearhead-efi.com/"]GearHead-EFI.com[/URL] EFI Conversions and Chip Tuners![/B][/SIZE]
    [B]May be all you need to know about EFI![/B]

and I still help local JustIH members (for fun) free! :cool: [/CENTER]

Glad to hear that your system is working....wish i could say the same for mine. :(

Comment

Glad it's working good now Mark. One less thing for you to worry about.
      Give our best to the wife.

Fred,
      you will have to wait a week till I get back from CO.
      Then we can fix you up.
      Bill USN-1

COMMITED TO TEACHING PEOPLE THE "PROPER" WAY TO EFI
      HAMILTON FUEL INJECTION
      May be the answer to all your fuel injection needs!
      Learn to do it right.

Comment

Thanks Bill!

Another fun thing about the fuel injection is this city driving here around Seattle. Freeway driving and hitting the gas for instant throttle response. Need to change lanes? Punch it! Changing freeways and the accelleration is great. It's just hard to describe how crisp the throttle response and pick up are. Been checking fuel milage as well. Now remember I have 33's with 4:09 gears and hardly ever have a light foot and picked up 2.5 MPG thats up to 14 MPG.
        [CENTER]1994 Buick RoadMaSSter Estate Wagon LT1/4L60E. White and Woodgrain Sleeper...PCM 16188051 With SS/V4P/Custom Tune! WOT 12.9 AFR!

1990 Chevy Suburban Silverado 5.7L 2wd ECM 1227747 HiWay Lean Cruise 18.5 MPG and 12.5 to 1 AFR at WOT!

[SIZE=3][B][URL="http://www.gearhead-efi.com/"]GearHead-EFI.com[/URL] EFI Conversions and Chip Tuners![/B][/SIZE]

Comment

Sounds great.
          I'm getting ready to head out to RMIHR. Never did get the FI done on the motorhome. OH well I'll have to deal with it.
          Good luck up there.
          PS I would be happy with 8mpg on the MH!!
          Bill USN-1

COMMITED TO TEACHING PEOPLE THE "PROPER" WAY TO EFI
          HAMILTON FUEL INJECTION
          May be the answer to all your fuel injection needs!
          Learn to do it right.

Comment

Mark,

14 mpg sounds great considering I'm getting about 9 (uncorrected) and estimate actual to be 10-11 with the new carb. I picked up about 1.5 to 2 mpg (City) when I added the Duraspark. Which brings up a question; considering your tire size and gearing, are you correcting your figures mathmatically or mechanically?

Always good to hear from you and glad you found a way to keep in touch.

Mrs. SandRacer and I wish you and yours all the best.

Comment

Well I did correct it and did the math twice, thought it was better than expected.
              Conditions here right now are ideal as well. Warm, no cold starts, I'm right next to the freeway, 55 to 60 MPH stay home during rush hours etc...
              Checking with the computer the motor runs about 2800 at those speeds.
              My speedometer is exactly 20 percent fast with the gearing , tire changes. I have checked it several times with the milage markers on the freeway out side of Spokane. I'll try to get gas the same place a couple of times and see where it averages out.

I have gotten 17 when this was stock, including tires 3:07 geared with a tailwind!

Comment

Final fuel mileage figures during the trip were:12.2 to 13.4 MPG that's with 4:09 gears and a heavy foot so I am happy. I was having to much fun driving with the new system to worry about mileage, maybe more MPG with smaller shoes and some fine tuning.
                Also mileage while pulling a 20 foot travel trailer with the A/C on in close to 100 degree heat from Seattle to Coeur d'Alene Idaho was 11.2. Thats more than I was getting with the carburetor and no trailer.

Comment

Working...
                X