Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fittings

Saw these on Ebay.

Here are NEW fuel fittings for your tbi conversion project. This pair use a 3/8 fuel line for the pressure and 5/16 for the return lines, and use the stock GM o-rings. These are TOP quality barb fittings…so your fuel hoses can’t come off. If you have done conversions, like we have, you probably have seen the modified fittings on the market that have very little area for your hose to stay put. These guys are made for the job…and they do it very well!! --------------------You will get two NEW fittings and Viton o-rings in this sale. So if you don’t want to do the steel line thing, but you want your project to be safe, do these and do a professional job! WE Do!! -----------------------------------------------------------------------------Oh, did I tell you that these also have grooves to hold the o-rings in place???… A MUCH better design than the flared end like the stock lines have. I hate having to fish out the o-rings that get stuck when you pull the fuel lines!!---------------------------------------------
    Last edited by Bill usn-1; 08-20-2003, 08:15 PM.
    Bill USN-1

COMMITED TO TEACHING PEOPLE THE "PROPER" WAY TO EFI
    HAMILTON FUEL INJECTION
    May be the answer to all your fuel injection needs!
    Learn to do it right.

Bill USN-1

HAMILTON FUEL INJECTION
    Learn to do it right.

Comment

Those are nice!
      They look like the ones I ordered from Holley. The fittings that come with their TBI. They replace the fitting in the GM throttle body. Very pricey but they have the barbed ends and make a sure safe connection. Could you remove the fitting from the injector tower and just install them like the picture below?
      Do you have any information where someone could order these?
      [CENTER]1994 Buick RoadMaSSter Estate Wagon LT1/4L60E. White and Woodgrain Sleeper...PCM 16188051 With SS/V4P/Custom Tune! WOT 12.9 AFR!

1990 Chevy Suburban Silverado 5.7L 2wd ECM 1227747 HiWay Lean Cruise 18.5 MPG and 12.5 to 1 AFR at WOT!

1972 IH 1210 Isky Cammed Balenced 345 4 speed PCM 16197427 Project!

[SIZE=3][B][URL="http://www.gearhead-efi.com/"]GearHead-EFI.com[/URL] EFI Conversions and Chip Tuners![/B][/SIZE]
      [B]May be all you need to know about EFI![/B]

and I still help local JustIH members (for fun) free! :cool: [/CENTER]

Comment

ebay was $15
        How much are holley's?
        Bill USN-1

HAMILTON FUEL INJECTION
        Learn to do it right.

Comment

$11 each plus Jegs handling and shipping.
          I don't like Jegs but they were the only ones who would order them even after I had a part number...
          [CENTER]1994 Buick RoadMaSSter Estate Wagon LT1/4L60E. White and Woodgrain Sleeper...PCM 16188051 With SS/V4P/Custom Tune! WOT 12.9 AFR!

1990 Chevy Suburban Silverado 5.7L 2wd ECM 1227747 HiWay Lean Cruise 18.5 MPG and 12.5 to 1 AFR at WOT!

1972 IH 1210 Isky Cammed Balenced 345 4 speed PCM 16197427 Project!

[SIZE=3][B][URL="http://www.gearhead-efi.com/"]GearHead-EFI.com[/URL] EFI Conversions and Chip Tuners![/B][/SIZE]
          [B]May be all you need to know about EFI![/B]

and I still help local JustIH members (for fun) free! :cool: [/CENTER]

Comment

Thanks
            Bill USN-1

HAMILTON FUEL INJECTION
            Learn to do it right.

Comment

Thanks for the info Bill. I just snagged a set off eBay. Temps are starting to come down, a bit. Time to dive back into the FI project.

Comment

Good luck,
                Just saw a complete system go for $100 on ebay.
                They are starting to get cheaper!!

Brain is faster than fingers!!!
                Last edited by Bill usn-1; 08-23-2003, 05:36 PM.
                Bill USN-1

HAMILTON FUEL INJECTION
                Learn to do it right.

Comment

You lost me on the "complete system"...."$100" part.

All I lack, for major parts, is the items in the AFI $395 kit and assorted hoses. I already have the throttle body, computer, and the sensors. Just working out the logistics for the down time. I know a lot of it can be done while I keep the Scout running, but there are a few other things I want to do at the same time like cleaning up and painting various parts.

Comment

The eBay fittings arrived yesterday. The "O" rings were included.

The total with Priority shipping and insurance was $20.99.

Since I'm still collecting parts for my conversion, I don't have to try to come up with the GM hard lines. A big plus for me since the closest mall is 100 miles away.

Mark,

They do not fit directly into the TB as you show for the Holley items in your pic. But, they do fit, quite well, into the stock GM fittings as shown in the pic that Bill posted.

Comment

ALL this talk about fittings has me thinking I need to scrounge up something for connecting fuel line to TB. I was planning on using the OEM stainless flexy lines from the truck I got my harness from, but have yet to pull them off and look at the other end. Anyone know whats there for threads/fittings and what will adapt to it? One more thing to add to the list. Thanks all!!!!
                      My "Disasterpiece"
                      1970 800A 4X4,HFI'd,304,B/W,27,44,3:73,28's.
                      The rest are in my 25 year plan!

My "Ruedh"
                      FREE 1972 1110 4x4,V8(?)727,205,44 drum/60/3.54's,small cheap tires.
                      LOOOOADS-O-RUST!! Donor body located. Not!! JY owner played the "crusher value" card. : angry:
                      NON-working rear window. Need info!!!

www.northtexasbinders.com

Comment

Is there a source for those fittings besides ebay? I don't see them listed on ebay anymore.

Comment

Well after a quick internet search I answered my own question.

Man-a-fre carries the barbed adapters http://www.man-a-fre.com/parts_acces...Components.htm

Or I could get a fuel line repair kit, Dorman 800153 16mm TBI to 3/8" steel fuel line and Dorman 800151 14mm TBI to 5/16" fuel line

Comment

I use the original hard lines and just cut them off like the dorman repair lines. Then I add a small double flare on the end to help keep the rubber fuel line from slipping off under pressure.
                            Bill USN-1

HAMILTON FUEL INJECTION
                            Learn to do it right.

Comment

I remember seeing the barbed fittings listed on a Toyota Landcruiser parts site some time back. But I am bad about writing stuff down on scrap paper and then the wife throws it out. A quick internet search didn't turn up anything either. I will do some more looking around in my "notes".

Sounds like everyone has found a good solution with the EOM lines and the repair line ends.

It was cold this morning and I thought how much quicker my three block trip to work would have been had I had my FI up and running on my 800. To make matters worse the PO installed manaul choke did not work. Think I had to restart the truck a dozen or more times in that short three blocks!!!

Maybe over Christmas break I can get a lot done on my FI conversion.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!
                              My "Disasterpiece"
                              1970 800A 4X4,HFI'd,304,B/W,27,44,3:73,28's.
                              The rest are in my 25 year plan!

My "Ruedh"
                              FREE 1972 1110 4x4,V8(?)727,205,44 drum/60/3.54's,small cheap tires.
                              LOOOOADS-O-RUST!! Donor body located. Not!! JY owner played the "crusher value" card. : angry:
                              NON-working rear window. Need info!!!

www.northtexasbinders.com

Comment

Working...
                              X