Duraspark wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duraspark wiring

Ok I got the ford duraspark/Holley conversion done and installed. I only need to wire the thing up now. I have orange/purple and black wires coming out of the dizzy. I am prety sure the black wire is a common ground, it does ground back through the plug and dizzy to the block anyway. Which of the last two hook up to the "+" and "-" on the coil???
    Thanks
    Darrell
    Tuxworth

What you didn't say was which way you were going with this. Since you are already running the Howell system you have to make a choice.
    I will assume you left the vacuum advance and mechanical advance hooked up since you are running the Howell system.
    If that's true then the below diagram is the right one. You will need the ford ignition box. The square one that is normally mounted under the hood on the fords.

The picture below is for the full electronic timing from the computer. This is if you locked down the advance and you now want the computer to do it all.
    The little 8 pin module is the ignition module. The 4 wire in the lower right are the ones I told you may have to be added if you go this route.
    Also, if you are using a regular coil, any other than the TFI, the resistor wire is not needed for either conversion,.

Option 3 if you have MSD!
    Last edited by Bill usn-1; 11-29-2003, 10:19 PM.
    Bill USN-1

COMMITED TO TEACHING PEOPLE THE "PROPER" WAY TO EFI
    HAMILTON FUEL INJECTION
    May be the answer to all your fuel injection needs!
    Learn to do it right.

Comment

Working...
    X