No announcement yet.

Eastern Sierra Scout

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Twin stick - yeah - you can go full neutral with transfer case. That's in High or Low and not Neutral?
    - Jens

Hot Rod Scout 80 buildup
    62 Big Scout 80 Buildup
    My Buddy Ken's 41 Hot Rod Build

Comment

Oh how I wish that was the case.
      the truck is on jack stands. I start it in neutral, I put it in gear, the rear wheels spin, all 3 gears and reverse. In any gear I can apply the brakes bringing the wheels to a full stop without the truck stalling. This has to be clutch slip. The fork is fine, all clutch components aside from the master are new or rebuilt. BUT even with all clutch linkage disconnected it still is not getting 100% engagement.
      After the first rebuild it ran for a while before all of assuden haveinf the issue that plagues it currently. After 2 more disassemblys, I think it has to be a faulty pressure plate, even though it looks fine, I do not have the tools to test the load on the springs and such, I will realistically buy a new one. I will then however have 2 cores up for grabs

Comment

Can?t upload a video so here are still shots of clutch engaged and disengaged... not the best but just the same, the clutch essentially works, but it doesn?t work quite enough
        Last edited by Scout80USA; 10-15-2018, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Didnt mean to offend - I once had a problem with my scout 80 after a total engine rebuild and I couldnt figure it out and couldnt figure it out... Ended up my wife had put diesel in the gas can that I used to fuel up and test with. She was using the diesel to condition our deck. We didnt have anything at the time that ran off of diesel. Anyway - sometimes the simple things...

It does not appear that the flywheel has been contaminated with oil or whatever. Hmmmm... well, like you said, have to figure it is the pressure plate or a sticking throw out bearing.
          - Jens

Hot Rod Scout 80 buildup
          62 Big Scout 80 Buildup
          My Buddy Ken's 41 Hot Rod Build

Comment

Perhaps your disc is too thin? Or perhaps it's a reman, and they machined the pressure plate surface, but not the housing? If they don't take an equal amount of material from both, your clutch may not hold properly. Just a thought..
            62 Scout 80/152/t-90/Dana 18/27 front/offset 44 rear
            Also known as "Kingben01" on Binderplanet.com
            My build thread:

Isn't it funny how we never have time to do it right, but we always have time to do it again......

Comment

Working...
            X