1968 Scout 800A or 800B?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1968 Scout 800A or 800B?

What are the noticeable differences in the 2 models im not sure what they are>? thanks Chuck Graley Julian WV

If it's actually a 1968, then it should be just an 800, neither an A or B. Differences.....trim....etc....nothing major between A/B that I know of....lots of things I don't know!! There's a FAQ on Binder Bulletin with some info on the specific trim diff's.

I'm driving an 800B...

Ronnie:)
    Lil Red Bus
    1967 800

Comment

Thanks very much Ronnie

Comment

Curiosity....

1969 was theoretically the first 800A's....identified by the label on dash passenger side, D30 front axle on some trucks, and little round side marker lights. Also totally different grille and front turn signal lights than 66-68.....

So which do you have?

My 800B has been rebuilt in some previous life...with old-style grille, one old fender (no hole for marker light), etc. So it's not visually correct.....I added the marker light but the front clip is still old-style....

Just curious.....R:)
        Lil Red Bus
        1967 800

Comment

Mine is a 68 model and was manufactured on 9/28/67 no side marker lights at all says Scout 800 on the dash and has a 304 3spd looks like a D30 front and possible 44 rear twin stick transfer case thats about it no trim accept on the hood running parrallel from the front to the back of the hood. Chuck

Comment

I thought that the 800b had round side marker lights? my old 70 800a had rectangle marker lights front and back. and i also though that 800b where only made in 70-71

Comment

I found the information below on the Binder Bulletin FAQ's.
              One thing I didn't see mentioned there was the 1961 was the only year to have IH on the tailgate.
              http://www.binderbulletin.org/faq/15.htm#8

-------------------------------------

Earliest Scout 80 (to July 1962)

Sliding door windows only
              Tapered rear axle shafts
              Non-removable bulkhead

Scout 80 (1961-1965)

"IH" Emblem Centered in the Grill
              Integrated Lock Cylinder and Door Handle
              Wipers Mounted on the top of the winshield
              Door Handles "Twist" Variety
              Fold-down Windshield
              Optional roll-up windows

Scout 800 (1965-1969)

"IH"Logo on the front of the hood
              "International" centered in the grill
              Push Button Door handles
              Lock Cylinder Below Door Handle
              V-8 first available in 1966

Scout 800A (August 1969-July 1970)

Wipers mounted below the windshield
              IH emblem on the front of the Hood
              "INTERNATIONAL" in lower right corner
              Push Button Door Handles
              Lock Cylinder Below Door Handle
              Black Squares surrounding the Headlights
              Round Reflectors on side panels

Scout 800B (August 1970-April 1971)

Wipers mounted below windshield
              "IH" logo in lower right corner of grill
              Push Button Door Handles
              Lock Cylinder Below Handle
              Light Colored Squares around headlights
              Rectangular Side Marker Lights

Kyle Thoreson

-----------------------------------------------
              [CENTER]1994 Buick RoadMaSSter Estate Wagon LT1/4L60E. White and Woodgrain Sleeper...PCM 16188051 With SS/V4P/Custom Tune! WOT 12.9 AFR!

1990 Chevy Suburban Silverado 5.7L 2wd ECM 1227747 HiWay Lean Cruise 18.5 MPG and 12.5 to 1 AFR at WOT!

1972 IH 1210 Isky Cammed Balenced 345 4 speed PCM 16197427 Project!

[SIZE=3][B][URL="http://www.gearhead-efi.com/"]GearHead-EFI.com[/URL] EFI Conversions and Chip Tuners![/B][/SIZE]
              [B]May be all you need to know about EFI![/B]

and I still help local JustIH members (for fun) free! :cool: [/CENTER]

Comment

Thats odd i was sure the side marker lights where the other way around. i have only seen the rounds on a 800b and the rectangles on a 800a like my old one and another friends 800a

Comment

Don't know how accurate it is?
                  I've seen many IH's with the wrong year on the title compared to model year. When they were sold by truck dealers they were titled the year they sold not the year built.
                  [CENTER]1994 Buick RoadMaSSter Estate Wagon LT1/4L60E. White and Woodgrain Sleeper...PCM 16188051 With SS/V4P/Custom Tune! WOT 12.9 AFR!

1990 Chevy Suburban Silverado 5.7L 2wd ECM 1227747 HiWay Lean Cruise 18.5 MPG and 12.5 to 1 AFR at WOT!

1972 IH 1210 Isky Cammed Balenced 345 4 speed PCM 16197427 Project!

[SIZE=3][B][URL="http://www.gearhead-efi.com/"]GearHead-EFI.com[/URL] EFI Conversions and Chip Tuners![/B][/SIZE]
                  [B]May be all you need to know about EFI![/B]

and I still help local JustIH members (for fun) free! :cool: [/CENTER]

Comment

lol i know thats right, i have a 68 body Travelall thats titled a 69

Comment

Working...
                    X