what is this worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is this worth?

I have a 69 800a with 7800 miles on it (not 78000) with no rust though anywhere the inside is mint, the end caps are banged up one back fender is slightly buckled plus some other small dents it has original everything except the tires we had to replace them they were weather cracked and the washer bottle also cracked. it has a V8, 304 I think. runs great drives like new (it is) needs a filler neck what is this thing worth???? any feed back would be a help thanks Paul

Sounds like a good find! Lots of guys would like to have it. Have no idea of a dollar value. True way to get what it's worth would be list it on e-Bay.

Most of the people in the IH community love there IHs for what they are and can afford them. Even though we believe a vehicle like your Scout is the best kind of find it will never bring the money that say a Camaro or something similar will bring, there just not that desired by big buck collectors or Hot Rodders. Thank God!
    [CENTER]1994 Buick RoadMaSSter Estate Wagon LT1/4L60E. White and Woodgrain Sleeper...PCM 16188051 With SS/V4P/Custom Tune! WOT 12.9 AFR!

1990 Chevy Suburban Silverado 5.7L 2wd ECM 1227747 HiWay Lean Cruise 18.5 MPG and 12.5 to 1 AFR at WOT!

1972 IH 1210 Isky Cammed Balenced 345 4 speed PCM 16197427 Project!

[SIZE=3][B][URL="http://www.gearhead-efi.com/"]GearHead-EFI.com[/URL] EFI Conversions and Chip Tuners![/B][/SIZE]
    [B]May be all you need to know about EFI![/B]

and I still help local JustIH members (for fun) free! :cool: [/CENTER]

Comment

$50-60 will get you a new filler neck from a Scout vendor....that way one little problem is fixed....truck value totally depends on condition, much more than low mileage...

If you're really serious about figuring out value, SSS does have an appraisal service, see their webpage for details....

http://members.aol.com/suprscout/#APPRAISALS

Watching the trucks on Ebay for a while will give you an idea...keep in mind that Ebay often sells low...and there's a glut of "project vehicles" in this economy....

Good luck....

Ronnie:)
      Lil Red Bus
      1967 800

Comment

Location Location Location

In addition to what Mark and Ronnie said, yes, tracking similar Scouts on eBay is one way to estimate value but you also have to keep in mind LOCATION.

Scouts, even more so than other vehicles, will have more or less value depending on the location. I bought mine off eBay and it was a real bargain. However, I'm in Southern California where Scouts just aren't real common nor is there a real big demand for them. Had my Scout been up for sale in Colorado, Idaho, Oregon or Washington it probably would have sold for quite a bit more especially since it's virtually rust free when compared to Northern Scouts.

Comment

Working...
        X