Mr. Scout 80/800 Springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Scout 80/800 Springs

I just ordered Mr. Scout's 2.5" lift springs - see thread titled "CJ-5 springs on 80/800" for more info on the decision...

Anyway - he gave me $15 bucks off for being a Just Internationals member. It isnt a lot, but if you are thinking about buying springs - maybe that will aid you in your decision.
    - Jens

Hot Rod Scout 80 buildup
    62 Big Scout 80 Buildup
    My Buddy Ken's 41 Hot Rod Build

A couple of years ago I bought a Scout 800 4 cyl T-18 from him. He was easy to deal with then and has helped me out with questions too. I'm happy to see he is helping out J.I. members. Let us know how the springs work.

Comment

any update?

So did you get them installed yet? Got any pics? If so how pleased with them are you? Considering ordering some for myself soon.

Comment

No I dont have them in yet - they are just sitting in a room at my house next to my reverse shackle kit. I am waiting for a friend to have an opening in his shop so we can get it all in. I will post pics when it is done.

I have gotten in the weber 32/36, and I love it. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a good carb to swap in to a 152/196.

- Jens

Hot Rod Scout 80 buildup
        62 Big Scout 80 Buildup

Comment

how much was the carb and where did you get it?

Comment

I got it from Carbs Unlimited - it is the kit for the AMC 151, but it works for a 152/196 with a few simple modifications. Carbs Unlimited is in the state - Kent maybe - So you have to pay sales tax.

I think the kit was $350 - but that comes with everything - hoses, aircleaner, adaptors, hardware, etc..
            - Jens

Hot Rod Scout 80 buildup
            62 Big Scout 80 Buildup

Comment

Whoa! Pretty penny eh? Let us know how it works. How is the power and response? What is the exact part number for the carb? I just checked on ebay, there is about 30 carbs on there. Most say they are for a VW, is there a spacer or specific kit?Thanks Jens
              Travis

Comment

Go look on my site for my scout - it is on "Part 6" I believe. It has all the info there.

I think that it is a great investment. My power and response are like night and day - but the old carb was pretty tired - so I am not sure as far as comparing it new.
                - Jens

Hot Rod Scout 80 buildup
                62 Big Scout 80 Buildup

Comment

WOW Jens, nice write up. Looks like you could write some how to stuff for the news letter. (hint hint). Anyway good info, thanks.
                  Travis

Comment

This site was posted on the NBB as an alternative to $350.

http://www.stoveboltengineco.com/aca...asp?catcode=33
                    Previous builds

78ScoutII 345, 36s 4.56 gears
                    72 Travelall 1210, 35s, TF727 AT 392
                    68 Scout 345/T19W/D20 on 38s
                    66 800 152 T18 stock resto
                    62 80 SOA trail rig on 33s
                    74 Terra D60s, SOA +4" on 39s, hyrdo crawler
                    63 C120 4x4 daily driver Chevy axle conversion
                    74 Scout II SOA Trail rig

Current Builds:
                    53 Bel Aire 350/TF400 hotrod (in progress!)
                    75 ScoutII trail/family rig

Comment

Working...
                    X