IH road trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IH road trip

Ok here is my thought. This next summer I will be planning an International road trip from Spokane, Washinton through Idaho and into Montana. This will be a week long jouney with stops at old ghost towns scenic looks and Glacier National Park. We will be camping every night possibly in a different location. We won't be staying at motels, so this will be camping at it's best. I am thinking some time in July, but am open to suggestions. June is out since the Binder Bash is in June. Everyone will be invited, but you must drive an international. All participants do not need to meet in Spokane, we can have some join the convoy along the way. This will be a fun trip that will take us back in time. I'm open for suggestions.
    Tow strap? : histeric

Road trip

Does this mean i have to leave the VW at home? Oh wait, it doesn't run anyway. Sounds like a cool deal. we will have to find a couple of trails on the way. By the way, is this our ADULT trip that we keep trying to pull off?? see ya

Comment

road trip

Adult trip sounds interesting. No VW's only IH's. You can tow a VW if you want Gary. Lots of sights to see a long the way. This will be a well planned event.
      Todd

Comment

Road trip sounds great!
        What do you have planed Todd?
        Really opens up more season too! Early spring, late fall...
        Can we bring trailers?
        You guys looked at me funny when I said I have a hard time pulling my travel trailer for the three days of Naches.
        [CENTER]1994 Buick RoadMaSSter Estate Wagon LT1/4L60E. White and Woodgrain Sleeper...PCM 16188051 With SS/V4P/Custom Tune! WOT 12.9 AFR!

1990 Chevy Suburban Silverado 5.7L 2wd ECM 1227747 HiWay Lean Cruise 18.5 MPG and 12.5 to 1 AFR at WOT!

1972 IH 1210 Isky Cammed Balenced 345 4 speed PCM 16197427 Project!

[SIZE=3][B][URL="http://www.gearhead-efi.com/"]GearHead-EFI.com[/URL] EFI Conversions and Chip Tuners![/B][/SIZE]
        [B]May be all you need to know about EFI![/B]

and I still help local JustIH members (for fun) free! :cool: [/CENTER]

Comment

That's a long ways to pull a travel trailer, but if there is an IH in front of it that's all that matters.
          Todd

Comment

Like I said if it's a road trip we open up a lot of the year. Early spring, late fall...
            [CENTER]1994 Buick RoadMaSSter Estate Wagon LT1/4L60E. White and Woodgrain Sleeper...PCM 16188051 With SS/V4P/Custom Tune! WOT 12.9 AFR!

1990 Chevy Suburban Silverado 5.7L 2wd ECM 1227747 HiWay Lean Cruise 18.5 MPG and 12.5 to 1 AFR at WOT!

[SIZE=3][B][URL="http://www.gearhead-efi.com/"]GearHead-EFI.com[/URL] EFI Conversions and Chip Tuners![/B][/SIZE]

Comment

road trip

Glacier is awesome when the snow has begun melting and the water falls are running on the road as you travel the going to the sun road. We will need to find out exactly when the Naches trip will be to plan around it. If the Northwest Binders show is in Oregon this year we (my family) will probably not be making it. It will be even further than we normally travel. Depending on interest we may plan it around that time. I want lots of input so that we can make it best for all.

Comment

im very interested........sounds like alot of fun!
                www.rogue4x4.com

Comment

Re: road trip

Originally posted by Todd Munns
                  Glacier is awesome when the snow has begun melting and the water falls are running on the road as you travel the going to the sun road. We will need to find out exactly when the Naches trip will be to plan around it. If the Northwest Binders show is in Oregon this year we (my family) will probably not be making it. It will be even further than we normally travel. Depending on interest we may plan it around that time. I want lots of input so that we can make it best for all.
                  Roundup this year is July 8th through the 11th.

Yes, we are BEFORE RMIHR.

The drive will be easier, and the grounds are better. The Roundup is being held at the Western Antique Powerland in Brooks, Oregon for 2004. This is located directly off I-5, and offers facilities, RV spaces, across the street access to food and fuel, Hotels of all styles, shapes, and sizes.

It was our hope that by moving the event a little further south we would increase the show draw with folks from WA, OR, ID, and CA.

Yes, I am banging the big bass drum for this event.

Roundup is not going to be the event it was. Think more along the lines of RED POWER ROUNDUP back east.

Trucks, Scouts, Tractors, vehicle games, two trail runs (light and easy, and the other a sheet metal mauler) leaving on different days, Truck and tractor pulls (in the works), show-and-shine, IH "Power Tour" cruise, corporate sponsorship (International, and CASE/IH), in other words, huge.

We hope to see you there. We hope to see all IH'ers there.

That all being said, this trip you are planning sounds like a lot of fun, and I know that I would love to go. IHSTO has the Oregon Backcountry Discovery Route in June to run (see other post in this forum), but a nice "get away" with others could very well be in the cards for those of us that can muster it if it happens later in July.

Keep on Binderin',

John
                  : beer : Diamond power! : beer :
                  If you have never used a search button.... DON'T POST!

Comment

I realize you're headed to Glacier, but...

Divide Ride

M4x4A's Divide Ride will be July 14-18th in Boulder, MT (on I-15, just 30 miles north of I-90/Butte).

Around 2 hours from Missoula.

They'll be camping and fourwheeling, starting Wed night (camping), with wheelin' Thurs/Fri/Sat.

Regrettably, it's the same weekend as RMIHR, so even though it's 30 minutes from home, and my club is spearheading planning efforts, I don't think I'll be making it. :(

Just something else to consider.

There should also be some 4x4 racing near Drummond, MT (40 minutes east of Missoula on I-90) on the 4th of July weekend..

Comment

I will keep that in consideration as I come up with a date. We would love to have you and your family join us. Especially since we will be in your stomping grounds.

Comment

We did Glacier two years ago. High priced. Lots of people. No bears. No buffalo. Just people and lots of them. Way to many tourist for me to go again. Although we had a good time and the sites were beutiful.

Comment

I think we will spend more time at old ghost towns and some of the other sites on the way.

Comment

Hey hey...

My fiancee and I are both very interested. As soon as a date is figured out...let me know...Ill get my father and his travelall up here from California.

Sounds like fun!

Comment

About the first of August we're heading from Spokane to Libby. Maybe we can catch up somewhere.

Comment

Working...
                              X